Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Messed up on day three of a two week preop liquid diet!! I feel bad but it tasted good, UGH help!!

1. JennyBurnett
    JennyBurnett
    So day three of my 14 day liquid diet and I blew it! I have just felt so sick. I have had a headache for two days and was sick to my stomach drinking the protein shakes Did I just screw everything up or if I stop cheating from here on out will I be ok?
  2. Ahigdon
    Ahigdon
    I believe from the blogs that I have read. Lots of people do this. Tomorrow is a new day.
  3. rn4kids
    rn4kids
    You should be fine if u stay on track. My surgery is tues so i guess we will see! I did the same thing
  4. Harley Granny
    Harley Granny
    The idea of the pre op diet is to shrink the size of your liver so it's easier for the surgeon to get to the stomach. One slip up this far out won't hurt!
    Stop cheating now and you'll be fine.
  5. fleiniebop1
    fleiniebop1
    A friend of mine told me.. the one thing is as good as you are before.. pre op... is the best you will feel.. post op. The big part of it is shrinking the liver cause if you don't then its possible they open ..then close you cause the liver is to big.. I read it happened to someone on here. But the one big thing being good before is what makes it go a lot better as far as the nausea and vomiting.. I start mine on the 3rd and am worried of doing the same but all you can do is start again tomorrow you will do fantastic.. it will be here before you know it!! good luck!
  6. SANDRA62
    SANDRA62
    The headache is from the lack of carbs--your body loves this EASY form of energy---it has to work now to get it from your fat stores and it is NOT HAPPY! LOL...I had this when I was on Atkins--got them when I cut back on my coffee too...needless to say any type of withdrawal is going to give you headaches...but they too will pass...hang in there!