Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Carbs

1. carol62
    carol62
    I am currently on purred stage (have been since day 3 post op and now at day 10) and I know it is really important to get my protein in but what about carbs? How many carbs a day should i limit myself too? Help !!!
  2. Zeekecavaricci
    Zeekecavaricci
    ---------------------------------------------

See if you can pin your surgeon down to an answer on this one, because every doctor has a different answer to this, based on his or her own experience.

However if the doctor doesn't really have a goal -- Here are my daily goals:

12-15% carbs (about 30-40 grams, not counting fiber)
    25-30% protein (75-150 grams is my range)
    60% fat

hope this helps!

FYI -- The carbs from fruit definitely count. Everything you put in your mouth counts. But you might want to distinguish between fiber carbs (which you don't digest, and which do not affect blood-sugar) and all the other carbs.

See breakdown I listed above.

Hope this helps, do an app apple app search for "carb counter" or type in "bariatric" and they have free carb counter as well as $.99 and $1.99 apps.

Also for those having trouble keeping up with water type in "daily water" and it has a $.99 upgrade which allows you to change the daily glass count higher.

Today (Sat) is my first day post op lapband out, gallbladder out, and sleeve in ---Yeah !!!! All in one day. Dr. Almanza Rocks !!