Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Metformin

1. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    OK ladies- has anyone else had this issue with Metformin med? I started it a little over 2wks ago and since the day I started my stomach has been all cramped up, constipated and feel lousy. It threw my IBS into a tailspin. Today the doc told me to stop it all together with no other comments. Just curious if anyone else had any problems taking it?
  2. Dudu
    Dudu
    Hi! I asked about metformin before my surgery and my endo recommended not to take it for a while, until I was in full foods since naturally due to the low amount/type of food we get in it may be considered risky to take metformin and cause a hypoglycemia. Ask your doctor about it and follow his/her recommendation.
  3. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    I am completely allergic to it in the same way- disgusting, dabilitating gastro problems. Even prior to surgery I could not take it. Now I don't NEED any Meds to treat my pcos. Keep the faith!!
  4. shortcakesmr
    shortcakesmr
    Always had issues with metformin, especially with no gallbladder. Luckily, my surgeon told me to stop taking it after my surgery. I can't imagine taking it right now with already having gas pains
  5. krissyfor
    krissyfor
    Lakegirl: get your doctor to prescribe the Metformin XR 750 mg. I'm currently on it twice a day, but not to control my sugar. I am no longer diabetic. YAY!!! But because I've made bad bad BAD diet choices since surgery....my insulin resistance is sticking around and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon. Booooo. But the Met XR is definitely easier on the tum-tum. And the Met can also help regulate your menstrual cycle and help with ovulation too.
  6. Thinme
    Thinme
    I had to wait before restarting it. I was on 1000mg once a day per op and I'm only take 1 500mg tablet may try the 1000mg in a week or two.