Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I totally blew it tonite!!! **@-%#!!!!!!!

1. rn4kids
    rn4kids
    I cant believe i am 6 days into my 2 wk lquid preop diet and just lost it!! I was doing great except no food in house for daughter/husband , so i ordered them a pizza. A pizza place i wasnt crazy about. Toppings i wasnt crazy about. My husband brought home some beer after work. I drank 2. Then i figured i blew it tonite,start over tomorrow. So i had 2 more beers and 2 pieces of pizza.
    The funny thing is, it didnt taste that good after the first bite but i kept on going. I guess i was looking for that sweet spot goodness..

Sooooooo mad at myself. But i will be back on track tomorrow. My surgery is 9 days away so my surgeon wont know, will he??

Kind of freaking out. Will he xcl my surgery?
  2. Sharita
    Sharita
    It is so easy to fall back in your old ways, I cheated too on my preop diet, and felt terrible afterwards, make sure it doesn't happen again, as this op is as much a lifestyle change as it is a physical one. Keeping on track and following instructions is very important. You are right, pizza isn't all that tasty, not worth jeopardizing your new lease in life for hang in there buddy, it gets easier
  3. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    I will do only 5 days of pre op diet I guess causee I weight 222 its k not to do so many days, plus I work so far and have to travel so much that I get really dizzie so I cant risk driving while feeling so bad. Good luck keep it up
  4. Gibsongirl
    Gibsongirl
    You will be fine...I was on a 3 day and ate a grilled cheese sandwich...super sad after but I did it ...It was the Saturday before a Tuesday am surgery...I was told that the diet is to shrink the liver to make the surgery easier , as the liver sits so close to the tummy...If you google it that is what it will say. So the beers need to stop for sure...dont be too hard on your self...pick up your big girl panties and move on...You can rock this ok...in 6 days I am 20 pounds down...feels weird..but I am working the program...(even with the grilled cheese)!!
  5. ksosne
    ksosne
    Yeah you will be ok. I cheated my first 3 days of my 10 day pre-op diet and was super scared that I wouldn't be able to get my surgery. I did stick to the last part of my diet perfectly though because I didn't want my liver to be too big. Plus I found out that cheating even a small amount can take you out of ketosis and undo days of perfect dieting. So just be good from here on out and you will be fine! What helped me get through it is knowing that if my liver was too big, I could wake up unsleeved. And knowing that the gals who cheated closer to their surgery date woke up sick and throwing up and I had no nausea at all. So every time I picked something up and wanted to cheat, I would remember those things and it got me through. I would grab a sugar free popsicle instead. Ask about sugar free hard candies. They can help satisfy a craving too.
  6. rn4kids
    rn4kids
    I have been eating the heck out of sf popsicles. Luigis sf italian ice r great too!
  7. Catsx5
    Catsx5
    Hi all,
    I am just in the very beginning phases as I haven't even had my consultation yet until June 13th. In the mean time I am trying out different protein shakes to add in my diet at least once a day for now. So far I have tried Zoic Belgium Chocolate, not too bad, Ensure Clear Blueberry Pomegrate, YUK, tastes metallic, Evolve Mixed Berry to sweet, and my favorite so far is good old K Protein. I was wondering if any of you have a favorite.
    Also when you do your pre-op are you allowed to have cool whip on your jello? Little by little I'm trying to get in the mind set now even if it is 6 or more months away. I'm a Type 1 Diabetic so I already eat a lot of the SF Jello, pudding, ice pops etc.
    Thanks ahead for any info you can give.
  8. Chelan
    Chelan
    I am 7 days pre op starting liquid diet tomorrow I am taking Ritalin to curb my appetite or I wouldn't be able to do it and would cancel my surgery.

I cannot find sugarless popsicles where I live so am wondering can I have ones made with pure fruit?