Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mirena, PCOS and Surgery!

1. HeatherAmy75
    HeatherAmy75
    Hey all! I have a Mirena IUD and PCOS. I got the Mirena after years of going from bc pill to bc pill. They all gave me bad side effects. My doctor suggested Mirena because when I did get periods they were terribly heavy and painful. So, anyway, since getting Mirena, I have not been getting a period and loving it. I see that some PCOS gals get their period after surgery after not having it for a while. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Mirena and getting a period after surgery. Thanks!
  2. Jewel1908
    Jewel1908
    I have not had surgery yet, had a Mirena that fell out. I am getting a new on e on April 9. How long have you had Mirena and did you get any spotting? I had the Paraguard and was getting a lot of spotting so I switched to Mirena. I have been spotting for months and I am sick of it. Hoping Mirena helps me
  3. HeatherAmy75
    HeatherAmy75
    I got my Mirena about 3 years ago. I did have a little spotting at first, nothing much though. I had maybe two periods since getting it. One was at the beginning and one I got out of the blue about 2 years ago. I love my Mirena.
  4. natty
    natty
    I had Mirena pre op and had it removed to try and get pregnant. I was successful twice but lost both times. I had surgery on Sept 4th ( no Mirena) I did have periods on my own, I had Mirena put in on January 15th and since then have had 2 periods. It is possible. My PCOS symptoms have decreased a large amount as well.
  5. ArizonaRN
    ArizonaRN
    I know this is an older post....but I have the Mirena, PCOS and have been sleeved. Like you after I got the Mirena my periods stopped all together (woohoo) But after surgery, I have had one every month like clock work with the exception of this last month. I only had a day of spotting and then nothing. Has me kinda worried because hubby has had a vasectomy. I will see what next month brings. Just hoping it is kicking in and taking them away again
  6. JaxMum
    JaxMum
    Hi I have just had my surgery and I have PCOS and had the Mirina in for just over 2 yrs now and not had any periods... 5 days after surgery I got my period !!!