Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First Stall

1. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    I am almost 3 weeks out and eating regular food. I have not lost any more weight but I have lost 5 inches in my waist and in my hip. My arms can fall straight by my side and I don't need the bra extender anymore, plus I can wear size medium; however, I do want to lose more weight!

Oglya, How are you doing?

Eleanor Rose
  2. DragonsLoard
    Your eating regular food at 3 weeks?? I was on puree stage when I was 3 weeks post-op. I did a liquid diet for the first week after surgery and then pureed food for week 2 to 4.
  3. imtad
    imtad
    Congrats on those losses Eleanor. I want the scale to move more too and I, like you, feel the difference in non scale ways. But darn it scale....move
  4. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Aww! You called me Olya, someone has been learning Russian! I actually hit a stall too for a while. I've heard a lot about the three-week stall, seems like most people on my Facebook groups hit a temporary stall at this point. I hit mine at two weeks out, but I think it's because I lost 16 pds on the pre-op diet. So I think I hit it earlier because of that. So that whole week I didn't loose anything no matter what I ate or didn't eat, and went up and down the same pound the whole time! But now the scale is moving again, and I am down 1.5 pds since three days ago!! It's been about half a pound down each morning. And I haven't done anything differently since last week, just still working on water and protein, same as last week. I'm not eating regular foods yet, mostly like vanilla Greek Yogurt and some tomato soup each day. And just taking my vitamins. I did try a sample bite of two things that I learned I did not like, or at least not ready for. I took a bite of a cheese pizza yesterday and even though I chewed it up to almost nothing it still did NOT feel good. It had a soft crust but it felt as though I had eaten tree bark, very heavy and solid in my stomach. And same when I tried some egg white. My stomach felt like it had a rock in it for about two to three hours. Wont be doing that again for a while! I know a lot of people with VSG eat eggs regularly, but I think at least I am not ready for it YET, very heavy. I guess it would be food to fill up on though, because you cant eat anything else for a looong time after!

Again, I am so glad to hear you are doing well! You sound like you have an extra skip in your step these days!
  5. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Hello Olga, Sorry for the misspell. I am doing great, not only more physical energy but so much more mental energy. I can eat anything! Just small amounts. This morning I had 2 strawberries and 1 very, very small brownie (yes, I nibbled on a brownie). Now I waited an hour and can drink my water.
    No more weight loss, eating to much???? Though when anyone sees how much I eat they say, "that's all you are eating???" Remember your tummy is smaller then the average bear and older people usually have bigger tummies. So. I would love to loose 10 more pounds but honestly even stuck at 170 I feel GREAT! and I can get into my size mediums. I got to go shopping in my own basement when I brought up 9 plastic bins of my old clothes YEA!

Have a wonderful Easter! Eleanor Rose
  6. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    I cant wait to go shopping in my closet and basement too!