Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Intro

1. TwinJess
    TwinJess
    Hi Ya'll... Just an intro- new to this group and to this forum. I'm anxious to get approved and get going with surgery ASAP! Just wondering how lnog everyone's process is from consult to surgery... I work for a hospital with great benefits and I have BCBS of TX EPO. the group covers the surgery. I have a BMI of 40, no comorbitities though.
  2. dumplin to diva_03132013
    dumplin to diva_03132013
    My journey all together was 6months. I had to have several tests completed and nutritional classes to take. Getting approval from my insurance was my last step. Hope that helps.
  3. mywarnke
    mywarnke
    I would have to say mine was 6 months also. I was doing ww all those other weight management so it help speed up the process. Best of luck. It is going to be the best thing you do for yourself!! : )
  4. Noriegal65
    Noriegal65
    I went in for consultation February 2013 went back two weeks later insurance required meeting with nutritionist and phsychological test which took two hours and I waited one and a half weeks for BBBSTX PPO to give final approval and my surgery date was 3/11/13 about 5-6 weeks total.
  5. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    I was self pay, so 1st appt end of Oct, surgery 19 Nov.
  6. Patty711
    Patty711
    I started this journey the end of December. I'm pretty sure I have seen EVERY doctor in this hospital twice. But really am fortunate to have insurance that will cover most of it, so it's OK. Got the approval this week, and will have it the 23rd of April. Know it will be tough, but I think worth it.
  7. MsReyes210
    MsReyes210
    I got the referral from my doctor and need to see my surgeon for the first time...in 6 days and I cant wait! I really want a new life...what made you chose the gastric sleeve vs the other surgeries? Have you decided 100 percent yet or are you waiting for the doctors advice?
  8. Darcybecky
    Darcybecky
    Hi! I too, have tx bc/bs...so far so good...I'm jumping through hoops....only have to do psyc letter so far....I'm like you, except my bmi is 46 with no comorbidities....just started the journey but seems that things will progress fast..