Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Smoking

1. carol62
    carol62
    I m having a hard time giving up smoking, I am still smoking around 10 per day, My doc never mentioned anything about smoking or giving up. Did anyone else have the op whilst they were still smoking? My op is the 27th March 2013
  2. Truebody
    Truebody
    You really need to stop (can't talk, have one a night with a glass of wine......) It will however make big impact for anaesthetic. Check this site - has a bunch of stuff on smoking etc. and the sleeve. After sleeve, big push not to smoke at all. Makes it really difficult with recovery. Read a bit on this in my own prep (hence the 1 ciggie a day). You will probably be vomiting up your toenails if you try and push it with the fags post operation.
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but anything to do with smoking is yukky,
  3. carol62
    carol62
    Can you beleive that i gave up for 13 years and only started again in Sep 2012. I am really trying but it is hard. along with no food and no smokes. I feel like a bit of a whinger latley lol but I so want to do the right thing. I bought some nicorette gum today so will start chewing tomorrow.. Thanks for your support
  4. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    The evidence speaks for itself....sorry to be such a killjoy BUT smoking kills. Quitting is easy if you just DO NOT FOCUS on what you cant do but instead focus on how good you are going to feel. I smoked 50 a day for many years but finally saw the light and not only quit cigs but coffee also. LoL. Have no idea how that happened but it is good that it did. Good luck. xxxcoralxxx
  5. ozzi69
    ozzi69
    Funny how quitting cigarettes made me put on weight in the first place, then, 10 years later, I had to get sleeved to loose it all. The big reward is to be free from both fats and fags for the first time in 20 years. Be strong and toss those cancer sticks away ! In no time you'll be over the moon. Good luck.
  6. carol62
    carol62
    Thanks guys I really am trying xxx