Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

The day I knew I had to make a change!

1. Abgg311
    Abgg311
    When I found out how bad my Diabetes was...just how high my sugar had reached, I knew it was time to take care of myself. I guess I reached rock bottom... Being over weight and sick is not a good combo. I realized that I am way to young to feel this way and after finding out info regarding the sleeve I know it would be my life saver! I have started the process and will hopefully meet with my surgeon next week to book my apt! I am getting so excited I can't wait to feel my age again... I know it's going to be a rough road, but just the possibility that my diabetes will fall under control and I may not need insulin or meds, makes this whole process worth it! Hopefully others out there feel the same way as I do!
  2. LPAPP
    LPAPP
    Hi, I found out I was Type 2 a few months ago and am hoping that the surgery will be the tool for me to get my diabetes under control. I wish you all the luck. It's all so exciting.
  3. Pinkyjay
    Pinkyjay
    I am hoping the same...I got Type 1 diabetes with I was in grade seven, I openly admit that I have not been a good diabetic is my adult years. Its a struggle wanting to eat all the good things I shouldn't, I have no control over my sugar swings from high to low all the time. I have finally came to reality and hopefully I can get on the straigt and narrow and get my life in gear and kick this weight and diabetes in the butt! Good luck all, we got this!
  4. joanaheter
    joanaheter
    I have been diabetic insulin dependant for a long time...I am hoping surgery will help mine also...
  5. Abgg311
    Abgg311
    I wish everyone luck with the surgery! How amazing will it be when we can keep our diabetes under control!!
  6. laydlyke
    laydlyke
    My diabetes is what made me make this decision. I am 31 and developing neuropathy pretty bad. I could tell it was getting progressively worse. The day I did my pre-op blood work, my glucose level was 341 FASTING!!!!! I got 2 phone calls about that. It is just way out of control. I'm super glad to be here, and glad to have other diabetics who understand.
  7. halfthemaniusedobe
    halfthemaniusedobe
    Was sleeved at Clearview Medical Center in Monroe, Ga. by Dr Chris Ibikunle at Georgia Surgicare in Loganville, Ga. It was Laparoscopic Davinci Robot assisted, took two hours, and I spent 2 days in in the Hospital then went home.
    I was 425 in January.....384 on day of surgery.....and now I am 358!!!! WHAT!!!! I feel worlds better!!! I haven't had to take a diabetic pill for 5 weeks and my sugars have only been as high as 133.....Game Changer!!!
    As a nurse that works in the the Operating room where I had my procedure done, I was AMAZED at how our top of the line technology, smart OR, and Davinci system combine to give an awesome patient experience!!! I always knew I gave good patient care.....but I was even more impressed as a patient!

Your LIFE WILL change!!! Your diabetes will change!!! Your habits will change!!!
  8. Abgg311
    Abgg311
    That's awesome guys! This Wednesday is my surgery date and I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time! Good luck to all ))