Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting closer

1. jen273
    jen273
    It is getting closer to my surgery date...Tuesday, March 19th. I am starting to get nervous, anxious, and excited. My doctor ordered a 10 day liquid diet and it has been hard for me to follow. I did cheat one night. I felt like I just couldn't do it anymore and I ate some cheese sticks....5 cheese sticks to be exact and I ate them so fast I cannot even remember if I chewed them...lol. They were so good but have been feeling so guilty since I did that....even dreaming that I gained 10 lbs because of it. I am extremely worried that they will not be able to do the surgery laparoscopic now. Except for that one slip up I have been following liquids only. I am trying to drink the needed protein but have not been able to find a protein shake that I like. I have also had problems cutting down on caffeine. I keep going back and forth if it would be better for me to go thru caffeine withdrawal when I am already not feeling well or before. Anyone else have these problems?
  2. megs
    megs
    Don't worry about the slip up and not being able to do the surgery. My doctor didn't have me to a pre op liquid diet, just couldn't eat after midnight the night before the surgery. Obviously you should follow what your doctor says but mine felt that the stomach was cleared by then and since they weren't messing with the intestines there was no reason to have the liquids prior.