Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

FINALLY a surgery date!!!

1. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Hi peeps!!! this is my very first discussion of my own on the entire site. I'm more of a lurker. I finally got my surgery date yesterday!!! I'm so excited. A little nervous but mostly excited. It will be on April 9th, so not too far out. I have a two week pre-op diet. One week with real food and shakes, then one week of full liquid with 24 hours of that being on clears only. I'm sure that will be real sucky!!!

I just wanted to share my joy
  2. girl_dragon33
    girl_dragon33
    That is great :-) congratulations, best of luck!
  3. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    Congrats
  4. Lissy
    Lissy
    Good luck. Your doc is crazy with the pre-op thing. It's bad enough to be on fluids after but at least you don't feel deprived. I would have epically failed if I had to do a pre-op diet like that! I was supposed to do a short one but with my husbands death there was no way I was going to follow a special diet. I did lose about 7 lbs anyway but I spent the couple days before eating anything and everything I want. For about a week after my loss I couldn't eat and when I did I couldn't he it in. I'm not an emotional eater, I lose my apetite and puke. Good luck and hope Easter goes ok for you. I waited until Xmas was over, I ate a small valentines cookie which was when I was 7 days post. I thought for sure I would be able to enjoy Easter but something tells me I'll be still having a rough go getting food in so I'm not going to make the big turkey dinner as I normally do. Sorry, got distracted. Good luck!
  5. Rdoactv
    Rdoactv
    Congrats! Thats Not Far Awa At All.
  6. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah that liquid diet is going to be no joke. The nurse said if they get in there and see that my liver is fatty, they would stop the surgery. I'm nervous about the diet part for sure.

Funny thing is, I'm not a big eater or an emotional eater. Kinda weird to be fat huh lol