Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery date 3/14

1. connorpass
    connorpass
    Oh, wait, that's today! And I'm still not completely sure if I'm ready. Ready or not though, we leave for the hospital in about 20 minutes.
  2. ksosne
    ksosne
    Hope all goes well for you!!
  3. Awolfe
    Awolfe
    I am three days out,home and feel pretty good. A little soreness where they pulled my stomach through. Trying to get all mymeds in plus water plus protein - that's my challenge now. Good luck!!
  4. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Hello Everyone! I am 6 days out, off all meds, and down 13 pounds! Yes, 13 pounds! WOW! I am forcing myself to rest everyday because I want to heal well. I am so glad we have these forums because I am so surprised at what little support we get from anywhere else. One of my daughter's told me it was "legalized anerixca", everyone has told me stories of people they know who have put their weight back on and my sister told me about one women who commited sucide. Only my son wished me well. What they don't realize, but we do, having this surgery is our first step, not our last. We all understand when we are ready we need a serious excerise program and a new diet plan. The difference is before I could do all of the diet and excerise and could get down to a 12 but now I can get down to a 6/8. before excerise was focused on weight loss now it focuses on muscle tone and wbuilding up my muscles. Now I feel the new eating habits (rather then dieting) and excerise will be so much more beneficial for me. I think all of us who chose this route do so with a lot of thought and preparation. Especially us who have to go out of country, it takes a real leap of faith and trust to put your life into a stranger's hand. I am sad so many of my family and friends are "sour grappers" yet I hope in the future my plan to support myself and my new body they might come around. Hopefully.

Eleanor Rose
  5. Fireman0750
    Fireman0750
    Elenore I am sorry that everyone has sour grapes. When my wife announced that she was going to do it Myself and her mom were behind her 100%. But the rest were naysayers. What you have to keep in mind is no matter what you do in life there is always someone somewhere who had the same thing done and had a bad experience and that is the "one" that you hear about. Nobody ever tells the story of how thousands do great with something. I love your sons reply it is so typical of a boy. We are simple minded creatures. I go in on the 20th to do mine. Good luck on your journey.
  6. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Thanks Fireman, I hope your wife is doing great! Isn't it funny how everyone knows the "one that went bad". Funny how they all know the same person!
    I am happy with how I am recovering, how well I feel and I am so excited for my future self,, not just 'younger and slimmer' but so much healthier!
    All the best, eleanor Rose