Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Day 2 Optifast 12 to go

1. carol62
    carol62
    well it is the end of day two and I am feeling ok. Work keeps me busy but am really worried about the week end. I have a fatty liver so need to be 100% focused. Wish me luck
  2. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    I also had a fatty liver but that went away a few months after my gastric sleeve....along with all the other "bad" things on my blood test. Just over a year out and down over 20 kg my body is healthy once more and I am a happy girl. xxxcoralxxx
  3. angel delight
    angel delight
    I'm on Day 3, i don't know if I'm doing it right as I have some home made veg soup with veg stock which I keep having, then some 0 Cal Jelly and tonight I had mushrooms and chili peppers. Today so far went like this

Breakfast
    Optifast Shake

Lunch
    Optifast Shake

3pm
    Veg Soup and Jelly

8pm
    Mushrooms

Total 577 Cals
  4. JulesH
    JulesH
    I am doing 3 weeks of optifast, but do have a lot to lose.

Week 1: 3 optifast meals, 1 meal of protein, 2 serves of low cal vegs plus 2 fruit per day
    Weeks 2&3: 5 optifast meals, 2 serves of low cal vegs plus 2 fruit per day.

It does seem a lot ..
  5. Truebody
    Truebody
    Whoa - I'm not sure I could consume that much. Where are you having your surgery done? 5 weeks is a long time. All the very best with it.
  6. carol62
    carol62
    I am having three optifast shakes and 2 cups low starch vegies a day and to be honest i am litrellay starving....I have 8 days to go
  7. Truebody
    Truebody
    Oh Jaysus - sounds horrid. Were you a big carb eater before you were put on this diet?
  8. carol62
    carol62
    Not really but I am starving..My doc puts all his patients on this diet..I think it is our test lol
  9. chaciek83
    chaciek83
    I've been on Opitfast 800 for 2 weeks almost. I just got hungry the past 2 days(i think due to weigh in). My surgeon requires you to do Optifast 800 the 4 weeks before your surgery date and weigh in each week with a required amount of weight loss you must reach. My FREE FOODS are sugar free jello/pop sickles, dill pickles, cucumbers, and celery. I do 5 shakes a day plus I get a 400 calorie lean protein meal w/ 1 cup of vegetables and a small piece of fruit.. NO carbs or caffeine or Fried foods. I had a bad couple of days thinking about all the carbs, so I've tried to stay outside and stay busy most of today.. Try to get more protein in, I've found that has helped my hunger and my energy.. Good Luck!
  10. Laura Jai
    Laura Jai
    I'm on the same as you carol & after 1week I've lost 4kilos! I'm struggling a little this week though but roughing it out cause it's not long till my op & I need to loose all I can! I find if I feel hungry I take a few gulps of my water & that helps heaps!
  11. carol62
    carol62
    I have one day to go on the pre op diet and all i can say is that the worst are the first three day. I also found drinking water helped me, I have my op on Wednesday and a little nervous...
  12. JulesH
    JulesH
    Im now almost finished the pre-op and I'll admit I didnt always do the 5 meal replacements as I was not losing any weight when I did. I have lost 9 kilos but most of that I think was before the 5 shakes per day kicked in, after that I think I lost 2 kilos. The best meal was a vege soup of all the allowed veges. I didnt mind the optifast shakes.. I havent heard of Optifast 800, I was just using the one from the chemist. Only 4 days to go now..
  13. missoprano
    missoprano
    This is the bit im dreading the MOST actually. If i could stick to diets i wouldnt be in this state in the first place!! I just have to keep telling myself it will be the last strict diet i will ever have to do and 14 days is better than the rest of my life with a fat ass. How do you know if your liver is fatty or not? can you get a test to see if its ok, then wont have to do the shakes?