Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1 week out new diet

1. Fireman0750
    Fireman0750
    I am 1 week out and starting a new diet today. Surgery is March 20th. Protein shakes breakfast, lunch, and snack, and salad for dinner. I do this for 4 days then on to the liquid portion. I think the hardest part will be telling my mind that I don't need all this food. I am used to filling up my plate and eating it all, now I will just have to get used to the smaller portions and healthier meals.
  2. DragonsLoard
    Good luck Fireman0750 You can do this!!!!
  3. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    After your surgery, you wont have a problem with the smaller portions.
    When your full, you are full, thee is no more of "just one more bite" Your body will let you know very quickly that you have had enough and you simply cannot eat any more. I was like you, I was used to having a large plate of food and finishing it and then getting more. But now, after my sleeve, I eat a very small portion and I am full and do not even have the desire to eat more. 2 hours later I will want to eat again, but again, a very small portion will fill me up. I still haven't gotten on the healthier meals yet, I still eat anything I want, just cant eat very much of it.
  4. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I spit the last bite out often because like dbarnes says when you are full you are full!
  5. Phranquie
    Phranquie
    You'll get used to the eating less in a few days. You will be amazed at how little you can eat when you start back to solid food post op. A big plate of food will turn you off as you will learn you only need a very small portion. You will learn to trust your sleeve to tell you just how much you can eat. Eat slowly as this helps you learn. Take the time early on to start a new and healthy way of eating as this is not a permanent fix if you do not take advantage of making the changes to your lifestyle. Stick to your doc's food plan, probably low carb, and you'll do great.
  6. dawnbarnard
    dawnbarnard
    Good advice for all of us. I start the liquid portion in 5 days and I am still trying to engage my mind and get it prepared for this journey. I can't even sleep at night......it's crazy.