Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1 week out starting a new diet

1. Fireman0750
    Fireman0750
    Oh yay I get to start my new diet today. Protein shakes and a salad for dinner. I have one week to go and not looking forward to not eating. I have 4 days of this diet then on to the clear liquids till surgery day on March 20th. I will be glad to get this over with so I can get on with my life. The hard part for me will be wrapping my head around how little I will eat. I am used to filling up my plate and now just a few bites of healthy food will do. I think the mental part will be the hardest. Oh well I am looking for ward to a much lighter me.
  2. carol62
    carol62
    Good luck to you and hope all goes well. I started my 14 day liquid diet today in prep for my op on the 27th. I too am missing food and I am only at day one lol
  3. Vlynn
    Vlynn
    Hi. Good luck. I am on the 21st and feel all the same things. I am not doing well on this Slimfast part of the diet. Saturday I start a protein sparing diet. 3 oz of protein 3x a day and 3 cups of broth-That's it. I know I won't cheat on that part because it is too shrink my liver. I have heard a number of cases where they start the surgery, then stop because the liver is too fatty. This has been way too long of a process to let that happen. Good luck to all of us !!
  4. lubba143
    lubba143
    The liquid diet is pretty much what you will be on for 2-3 weeks post op also. I think it helped prepare me for what was to come. It is easier then it seems.. good luck with everything.
  5. ksosne
    ksosne
    It is definitely hard! I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet and not doing too well. The only thing that is getting me through is the fear that my liver will be too fatty and I wouldn't be able to get the surgery. I have to consciously think about that every time I want to cheat. I think I may put a picture of myself up on the fridge to to remind me how much I don't like being so big too. It's nice to know we aren't going through this alone!
  6. inferno70
    inferno70
    You all are going to be just fine. I had to do 2weeks of protein and then 2 weeks of just liquids before my surgery. Lost 58 lbs the one month before surgery. I am almost down 200 now in just 16 months. Couldnt be happier! What a great life I have now. I hope you all do too! Be safe and we'll see you on the skinny side of life....and don't cheat! Before your surgery, you will fight it every minute. But afterwards, you won't even feel like eating! It is sooooo coool!
  7. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    I too was scared that my liver would not be right if I didn’t follow to a "T". The doc said my liver looked great. I would have been so dishearten if I couldn’t had done the surgery. Don’t cheat and stay on track. I heard it makes for an easier recovery....my post op days in Mexico where great. No complications or nausea at all. Weather I attribute that to the diet I don’t know but I wouldn’t want to have tested it out! Lol