Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sugar Free Icy Poles

1. Truebody
    Truebody
    I've been reading the posts by people who have been recently sleeved and I'm getting the sense that SF Icy Poles, SF Ice Blocks (pposicles to others) are a life saver. So do we have them in Oz ready made?
    When I was doing Weight Watchers (again, and again, and again) I used to make up sugar free cordial and slurp those in summer. Not bad, but tasted hideous if I had to really tell the truth.
    So to my Sleeve compatriots - What did you guys do just out of surgery?
  2. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    Have you thought about just getting fresh fruit juice and freezing them to popsicle or ice block....OR getting frozen berries, mixing with fave juice, freezing and slurping??? LOL better be quick tho coz summer is nearly over and it will not be as much fun in the winter. xxxcoralxxx
  3. Truebody
    Truebody
    So with sugar free - is fruit usually OK? Naturally I'll check with NUT at the right time, but concerned about the fructose and fruity bits.
    If fruit is OK then they already exist. The Subiaco Farmer Jacks have these great things called Bare Crush and it is pure fruit made into an icy pole. The Mango is delicious.....
  4. ozzi69
    ozzi69
    Seven Eleven has a sugar-free slurpee called Zilched. I haven't tried it but it looks promising (to be sickeningly artificial).
    Another option, not calorie free but natural and healthy (since we're not on diets anymore, just eating much,much less) is the traditional summer dessert from my mediterranean childhood- grated carrot and raisins soaked over night in the fridge in orange juice, spiced with cinnamon. pour with a ladle into a glass with some fresh mint. beats any icy pole hands down (and a hit in my restaurant).