Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Straying Off The Path Of Sleeve Success

1. girlgonelean
    girlgonelean
    I have to be honest with myself and admit that I am not sure I was truly understanding what I was walking into with getting my sleeve. It was easy for me to look to the left and right and say "oh I'd never eat that if I was sleeved" how quickly our habits and mindsets steer us back into the direction of what we know. I am taking the time to read my Bariatric book to know it, like the back of my hand. I took my B-book as some "good ideas for weight loss" and not treating it as the best path or scripture for success. It has to become knowledge, understanding, almost revelation and not just rules and boundaries. I have been fat all my life I "know" how I got fat, I don't "know" success in weight loss so I am rebounding to the beginning and refocusing my energy and thoughts to "know" the path to success.

The first of which I want to "know" is that I did lose weight. I have lost 50+lbs I am working to know that, for me right now it is still abstract.

My plan is to take photos get them printed and fill a photo album with pictures of what I have accomplished thus far. On the back of each photo I am going to write what guidelines from my B-book I was doing well some of the simple steps I was taking to get to each after photo. On pieces of paper I am going to write my weight in 10lb increments all the way to goal. As I reach each 10lb goal I am going to replace each piece of paper with a new after photo listing the B-book guidelines that got me to that point of success. I believe for myself I have to think and say less and physically look and share and show as part of "knowing" that I have had success and I am gaining ground toward goal. At the same time I hope this simple project will help me to eventually "know" the simple strategies to weight loss sleeved success.

What are some things you think you might need to "know" in reference to simplifying a few things in your journey to goal?
  2. Sleeveme2012
    Sleeveme2012
    How is it working for you? I have been a very slow looser and agree with you all the way.
    Routing for you.
  3. awilder2283@gmail.com
    awilder2283@gmail.com
    I had surgery several years ago and initially lost weight. I had had a lap band that slipped and when it was removed I elected to have the sleeve done. Now I'm several years down the road and I've gained all of my weight back. I'm so afraid I've stretched my stomach so far I'll never get back on track! Any tips?