Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Ok Single

1. BigChicken
    BigChicken
    Ok, I will be the first one. I am single and thought this would be a great place to start looking for people that have something in common.
  2. Jersey John
    Jersey John
    I'm not single yet, but hope to be as soon as possible!! Going through a seperation pending mediation....
  3. Rae
    Rae
    ok... I have the divorce papers but my husband refuses to let me sign them without him present. I am going to deal with this very soon as I want to be unmarried by the end of the year. Its time.

I am turning 40 in December and plan to go out for my birthday. A single friend and I are talking about going to a club that only plays 80's music and getting a hotel room because the drive back to our houses would be too far at 3AM.

Jersey John its too damn bad you don't live closer or we would drag your butt along too! I hate going out in groups of all girls. Its not my thing but then again neither are clubs... Its not like we can go out to dinner as my three shrimp really doesn't make a celebration and I am trying to avoid "celebration eating".

Any ideas?
  4. ReadyToLiveAgain
    ReadyToLiveAgain
    I am single and happy as can be.. But I hope to make room for a special someone someday =)
  5. Jersey John
    Jersey John
    I'm feeling like a road trip......I LOVE dancing to '80s music!! We have a local club here in NJ called The Breakfast Club - It's all '80s every night......I haven't been in over 10 years but I pass it a lot.

What weekend am I going to the Midwest? and what area specifically am I heading for?...;P
  6. Aunt Sue
    Aunt Sue
    Hi
    I just started here. Single. I would love to have some one special in my life. I miss being in love.

Sue
  7. Rae
    Rae
    John,
    The one we are going to is in the Kansas City area called Funky Town. I haven't been but my friends have tried to drag me up there for years. The Breakfast Club sounds fun.... hmmmm... how far is Jersey from Kansas? I am discussing going to the Power & Light District with her instead but not sure...

I have a male friend that would take me out if I would let him but not ready yet... told him rain check and call me about New Years.
  8. Rae
    Rae
    Hello Aunt Sue :-)

I am convinced that surgeon gave me hormones because ever since this surgery I have the occasional feeling of being lonely. Never was lonely before.
  9. Aunt Sue
    Aunt Sue
    Rae, that is so sad. I feel lonely now. I am hoping, the surgery will get me back into life. I feel like I sit on the sidelines and watch. I see how people react to my size and can see the judgement in their eyes.
    The strange thing is, I went on a trip last year by train. A man on the train tried to pick me up. He said "I like heavy women" He creeped me out. I felt like a turkey, hot out of the oven on Thanksgiving! he even asked if he could trade palces with the guy I was sitting next to! So, I told him I was married and had six kids. (not married, no kids) Men like that I can do without! I would rather be alone
    Sue
  10. C-Otter
    C-Otter
    Hi everyone. I am single and live in Florida. Am looking for a few friends who are going thru the same surgery. I have been leery of relationships due to not only my weight but other health issues.
  11. Steve Demko
    Steve Demko
    Well add me to the group, I being sleeved the 28th and can't wait for my new life . I've been single off and on over the years but I do ok with the ladies. But my last girl friend tells me she is no longer attracted to me with my weight after 8 years. So we kicked her to the curb and were on track -50 pre op 100 more to go. Look out ladies I'm coming out of the box hot!
  12. Sonia
    Sonia
    @Steve: Uh ooohh, let me get the ice cubes! :P
  13. Sonia
    Sonia
    I'm single in Los Angeles, California. Made a few associates here and other places. I don't 'go out' much, been there, done that type of thing... However always willing to to have some good conversations and laughs. I'm not seriously looking at this time. I'm 40 and maaayyybe considering a 'Cougar' stage. Lol! (Really)
  14. Buffalogal317
    Buffalogal317
    Hello everyone. I'm single in Buffalo, NY. Still getting over a hard break up with the person that was supposed to be my support through everything. I'm working on getting myself on track and confident before I start seriously dating again.
  15. Binks
    Binks
    Hi everyone! Soon to be single--have been seperated since the day before the sugery.....I'm in Florida, don't get out much, not even sure how to start...any suggestions would be welcome! Read Sonia's post about cougar's above, lol---just be warned, play with them, have fun, but a cub usually won't man up when you need him too!
  16. Bluegrass state
    Bluegrass state
    Hi! Me, too! Great idea for a singles section! I'm 42, living in Kentucky. (Yep! - we won that big ball game on Monday! You may have heard.. LOL!)

Seems like there are so many great people on this board - I wish you ALL lived near me!!

~Diane
  17. BBARB
    BBARB
    Well, I think I am about to be single. I mean I have been single for a long while. I have been dating this guy for a while now (9months) but we are not hitting off. I think is about time to have a "talk" (magic word that let any man run fast ) I am little sad about it, but I am not heart broken.
  18. Bowen5575
    Bowen5575
    Hi all......I am newly single......been divorce since January.....was not my choice......but as the days go by I see it might be the best.....it's just hard starting over after 25 years and the person you felt would be by your side for a lifetime lets you down..... BUT. I am finding that the one person you can always count on is yourself and I am ready to make more changes in my life that I will have control of. Have not had surgery yet.....really excited about it though....my surgery date is July 12. Would love to have friends online going through similar things for support....happy days to all!
  19. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    I just realized how long it takes to get divorced! I have been in the process of a divorce since August! It is such a hassle! I hope to be divorced soon! I really have been lonely and sad. I find it hard to meet new people. I work so much and do not go out much. It is a shame because I am young and I look good now a year post-sleeve. But I do not know where to start looking. I have too much baggage as a 28yr old single mom. Not sure anyone wants to take that on. Haha. I expect I will be single for a long time. *le sigh* and next week I am doing my mommy makeover to complete my beautiful new look. What a shame there is nobody to appreciate my sexy new body. :-p