Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello fellow Texans!

1. Kay Black
    Kay Black
    Just wondering where all of you are from here in Texas? I'm from Sherman. My surgery was done here in Sherman, 11 weeks ago today! I'm down about 50 pounds ... haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, threw away my scales over 30 years ago

I've had a pretty easy time thus far, Thank God! I am also, working on slowing down when I eat and chewing more, I've always been a woffer, LOL. I haven't seen the nutritionist since before my surgery, but I have an appointment with one locally who had a lot of dealings with this surgery.

I haven't started exercising yet, need to get my mind seriously wrapped around that, never have liked it much! I am loving my old clothes being too big, and some of my really old clothes fitting again! I've decided not to spend a lot on clothes, the size seems to be changing too fast, so me and the resale shops and goodwill are going to become VERY friendly.

Look forward to hearing back from y'all!
  2. mywarnke
    mywarnke
    Hey Kay! I am from San Antonio and plan on having my surgery here. I am hoping to have it in Dec. right before the holidays. Yay!

I am glad to hear that you are having an easy time, I think that is my biggest fears are that I will feel like I am starving and give in to the food, or that something goes wrong and I and screwed up for the rest of my life. I go in on the 28th of this month to get my pre op instructions.

I am trying to start exercising now that way it will come easy after the surgery. Like you said I never like it much either.

Keep me posted on how you are doing! Take care!
  3. bellabbr
    bellabbr
    Hi,

I am Ally and currently living in El Paso. Not by choice but my husband's company transferred us here. I am having my surgery end of this month and doing it in MExico. I am so excited and not even afraid of surgery just the aftermath of it. Keep me posted on how its going with you guys
  4. little5251
    little5251
    Hey ya'll ,well I am in North East Texas. I have trouble with this first week Its seems hard to drink all that is required. not really hungry. You do have mental hunger ., like watching tv and see someone eating a potato chip or something. It's just a mind thing
  5. little5251
    little5251
    Kay that's awesome for 11 weeks forgot to give my name , Connie L Belle
  6. KellyJ
    KellyJ
    Hi! My name is Kelly. I live by Tyler and am going to Mexico to get my surgery done on 11/19/11. Wish me luck! I am nervous about the surgery and the aftermath but know this is the right choice for me. Look forward to gaining insight from everyone. And 50 pounds in 11 weeks!!! Good for you!!!
  7. Sue Kay Jones
    Sue Kay Jones
    Hey everyone, My name is Sue. I'm from SETX near Beaumont but my husband and I move often for his job and we are in the Tulsa, OK area til Dec. My husband and I are both planning our surgeries in January, hopefully for the 19th tentatively since we have to move soon. We are so ready for this. We discuss it every day. BTW we are going to TJ Mexico for our surgery also.
  8. little5251
    little5251
    hey Kelly I used to live in Tyler then moved to Longview.
  9. little5251
    little5251
    Hey Sue It is good that you are doing this as a couple Too bad it can't be a BOGO LOL!!
  10. little5251
    little5251
    Hey girls where r you? Well I got on the scale and with pre op diet and a week out , I am down 22 lbs I am hoping it will be 50 come Jan.4th That will be exactly 2 mos after surgery.
  11. ladyy
    ladyy
    hello everyone my name is Yasmin and live in Arlington Tx I am down 13 lb surgery was on 11/4/11 why am I so afraid to mess this up???
    `
  12. tedesco6
    tedesco6
    Hello. My name is Jake and I live in McKinney. Don't see many guys on here, but I was raised with 2 sisters so women don't scare me. Today is my 100th day since surgery and other than some damaged discs in my back, I feel great. Would like to keep in touch with ya'll and see the success.
  13. little5251
    little5251
    Jake well you must have a wealth of knowledge since you are about 6 1/2 mos out. When did you get over the gas pains , I am having horrible neck and upper back pains.Geez I figure they should be done by now. I live in Longview
  14. little5251
    little5251
    Yasmin you and I have the same a sleeve date. Who did your sleeve? I have post op visit In Arlington Fri. Its Funny You and I have lost the same amount of weight!!

HEy Jake Welcome

Ja
  15. airbabes
    airbabes
    Im from the Fort Worth area its actually Euless, clueless Euless,, anyway Im waiting to be approved. Trying to get in before the end of the year.. I really want this. bad.. I feel that my size really holds me back.. The seat belt on the plane still fits without the extender. I still look in the mirror in total disgust. I dont know wether to put it out there, I want to because I need the support. I just dont want to hear the negative.
  16. designerdougfan
    designerdougfan
    Hello everyone and to Airbabes --
    I am also waiting for my surgery (hoping to get everything approved and surgery completed by the end of the year). I am in Coppell, and am planning to have Dr. Hamn in Plano, do my surgery. Has anyone had any experience with him?
    Cheers--
  17. browneyedgirl
    browneyedgirl
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this site and new to this surgery. Currently, I am scheduled for my surgery on December 28th in Colleyville, TX with Dr. David Kim. I live in Flower Mound and go to school in Denton. Looking forward to this journey and hearing from all of you!

Jenny
  18. dohjr67
    dohjr67
    Hey there....I'm from the DFW metroplex. I had my surgery on 11/11/11. Easy enough to remember...lol. Things are going great, but I'm SOOO ready to chew something. I have my follow up tomorrow afternoon in Houston so I hope he releases me for MUSHY foods. :-)
  19. Aggie92shell
    Aggie92shell
    Hi All...I just had my 6 days ago and live in Grand Prairie. I hope to have the chance to get "newbie" help from all of you that have already gone through this.
  20. CraftyKelly73
    CraftyKelly73
    @Browneyedgirl...I am in Fort Worth. Scheduled with Dr. Kim on Dec 6th. His office staff is so friendly. Best of luck to you.
  21. Deb in Dallas
    Deb in Dallas
    Hello all ! I'm in Wylie, TX and my surgery was 11/29. It's nice to connect with others in the area. My doc was Nick Nicholson. He and his staff were awesome!
  22. danithediva
    danithediva
    Howdy yall! I live in Richmond,TX. Im going thru insurance hoops. Hoping to have surgery April/May 2011
  23. tbaugus
    tbaugus
    Hello all Im from Kemp moved to Terrell six months ago. Im having surgery 12/14 at Forest Park in Dallas.
  24. Jamo
    Jamo
    Hello all , I reside in Frisco Tx amd Im in my 9th week post surgery.
  25. sheddybeme
    sheddybeme
    I'm live in Corpus Christi. I'm 14 months post op.
  26. ThaiBeachBum
    ThaiBeachBum
    Hi I was raised in Palestine Texas, spent 13 years in Austin and now I live in Singapore. Great to be part of this Texas group. Hoping to learn more about how and what to eat when I get further along. I am having my surgery tmrw 12/15 here in Singapore. I look forward to logging back in after my surgery. Thanks for all the support !
  27. boazswife4
    boazswife4
    Hi I live in Lewisville texas. I am from Tyler Texas. I plan to have surgery in Mexico in January.
  28. marydillom
    marydillom
    Hello,

I live in Houston, surgery date is January 9th with Dr. Alamaza. Very nervous hope I am doing the right thing.
  29. tooter48
    tooter48
    Hello fellow Texans. I'm tooter and I live south of Ft Worth. My surgery was Dec 7th At Trophy Club. So ear things are pretty normal. Lost about 20lbs. Hope the rest will be an equal challenge. Really nice to have all the info to know if things are normal or not.
  30. Jamo
    Jamo
    Congrads on your weight lost. I feel great to about my weight lost. Today I found out I weigh the same as my 22 year old son. So you know Im feeling good. I reside in Frisco Tx just north of Dallas.
  31. Newyearblessing
    Newyearblessing
    I live in GrandPrairie and have surgery scheduled with Dr. Kim Feb 27th! Has anyone had surgery with yet? How is the recovery going ?
  32. scbbell
    scbbell
    Hi I live in Plano and my surgery is scheduled for January 3rd with Dr.Nicholson . I am excited about starting a new year with a new me in mind!!
  33. incredibleshrnkngshirly
    incredibleshrnkngshirly
    Howdy! I live in Nederland..a small town nestled down on the Gulf Coast near the Texas/Louisiana border. I had my surgery on July 13, 2011. I had lost 62 pounds but the Holidays had me esting rich foods so I gained four pounds! I've taken two of them off but have to really get on the ball now! Nice to meet fellow Texans. I'm about a hundred miles south of Houston...that's where I had my surgery! I feel much better but having trouble with leg cramps at night.
  34. itsmytime
    itsmytime
    Hi everyone ! From Killeen, TX and getting sleeved in about 4 weeks! Soooo freaking excited!!!
  35. Jamo
    Jamo
    Hello Everyone

Congrads to all you New Texans who are about to be Sleeved. Thats a HELLVA why to start your year.

Good Luck
  36. airbabes
    airbabes
    Had my surgery on 12/28 w/Dr Kim. Mine was a revision, band to sleeve and I am happy to say of course the first two days were tough but the third day I needed no pain meds, nor was I nautious. I am just on liquids and tomorrow start back on the protein shakes. You have no worries.
  37. Liz2729
    Liz2729
    Hi everyone! I am from San Antonio, Tx and I was l sleeved 12/13/11.
  38. Texas Daisy
    Texas Daisy
    San Antonio here! Sleeved 12/27/2011 so new to this........... Happy New Year Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!
  39. jazziejasmine
    jazziejasmine
    Hello everyone, I'm from Rusk, TX which is South of Tyler. I'm scheduled for my surgery on February 24th with Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, Mexico. So far I'm very excited about it and ready to get this done. I think that as the date gets closer, I'll get more anxious and second guessing myself but I don't want to lose the money I've already spent on my flight and hotels so I'm doing it no matter what!
  40. Carly2012
    Carly2012
    Hi everyone... I am from Dallas, TX and scheduled for surgery on February 9, 2012... I am excited and scared at the same time.
    My surgeon is Dr. Victor Gonzalez... Anyone here in Dallas?
  41. jamie_lanell
    jamie_lanell
    Im in Conroe it's north of Houston. I'm hoping to have surgery in March/April sometime.
  42. Melody
    Melody
    Hi everyone! I live in Mesquite, TX...had a revision from band to sleeve on Feb 15 by Dr. Alexander. First few days were really rough...with the pain and nausea...stayed in hosp about 4 days...doing better now....down 10 lbs, but still on liquid diet....
  43. Melody
    Melody
    I wish everyone the best of luck on their weight loss journey....Yee! Haw! my fellow Texans!
  44. thirdnkeeton
    thirdnkeeton
    Hello everyone!! I'm Rose and I'm from East Texas. The great big city of Timpson. I just started my 6 month insurance mandated diet. Hope to be sleeved in September or October. Depends on how fast the insurance approves it after I finish the diet. Can't wait. I'm SO excited!!!
  45. Melody
    Melody
    Hi again fellow Texans...it's been 29 days since my surgery..down 20 lbs...on full liquid diet now. I know the liquid diets are helping to weight loss. But it's great to see the scale go down and not up!
  46. misty.owens31
    misty.owens31
    I'm from Nacogdoches and had my sleeve done last week in Tijuana. I feel amazing other than the fact that I can't chew anything yet! I will be so excited to get back to regular food!!
  47. Shyne42
    Shyne42
    Hello, I am from San Angelo, TX and hoping to get approved for th sleeve. Have done most of all preops just lacking pshyce evaluation scheduled 5-4.
    If approved by ins. Surgery will take place in San Antonio. Wish me luck!
  48. laperkins
    laperkins
    Hi I am from McKinney, TX I had my surgery in Oct. 2011 with Dr. David Kim. I am down 65lbs. I am still finding great places on this site to read and get to know people.
  49. Happyfunball
    Happyfunball
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jennifer from Plano,TX. Just had my sleeve 12 days ago and I'm feeling great. Getting really sick of the liquid phase though Never thought I'd look forward so much to eating fruits and vegetables. My surgeon is Dr. Cribbins and he's fantastic.
  50. Bowen5575
    Bowen5575
    Hi everyone....I am from Bryan. I just now started looking into having the sleeve done.......scared and excited at the same time......
  51. cja
    cja
    Hello! I just had my surgery three weeks ago and am doing great! I am from the Dallas Fort Worth area and had my surgery at Baylor Grapevine with Dr. Matin.
  52. Ruth Beans
    Ruth Beans
    I'm from fort worth.

Hey cja, my surgery with Dr. Matin at baylor grapevine is this coming monday (08/13/2012)! What was the overall experience like?
  53. newme12
    newme12
    Hi, i'm in paris (parisite), scheduled for sept 4 in mexico with dr garcia.
    Really excited and nervous, but have waited a long time for this.
  54. dachsie
    dachsie
    I am in College Station. Had my surgery on June 4 in Temple at Scott & White and am doing great so far. Had no problems at all and only have thrown up once at 8 weeks of all things. i wasnt paying attention and ate too fast. Lesson learned
  55. incredibleshrnkngshirly
    incredibleshrnkngshirly
    Hey Sue, I too live in Southeast Texas near Beaumont...in Nederland....I went to Texas Lapriscopic Center for my surgery.