Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

just starting the process.

1. hogleg64
    hogleg64
    Hi,hows everybody doing? I have my first REAL appointment with my doctor this week, hoping to prolly have my surgery in Oct or Nov. I was just wondering what to expect as I begin this journey? I'll be 49 in May and have put on bout 120 lb's since I turned 40,right now I'm 370-380 6'00" tall,the hardest part for me so far has been admitting that I let myself get so far outta control. a question for the guy's out there,did your testosterone levels improve with the weight loss? Anything you all can offer up to help me navigate this chapter in my life adventure would be greatly appreciated.

thank you all in advance,

Rod.
    PSlease bear with my spelling and punctuation skill.
  2. HealthyMama
    HealthyMama
    Try not to beat yourself up. It was the best thing I ever did, even if I don't lose another pound. I move so much faster and I'm so productive, it's empowering. I don't know about testosterone (female), but I am 9 months post op and the email from my doctor this morning was my blood work results. EVERYTHING (about 45 levels) was GREAT! Yes, today I am so grateful for energy and great blood work! No more being down on yourself, focus on moving forward and it's all good!
  3. DaleLanc
    DaleLanc
    EVERYTHING vastly improves, Rod. Our stories are very similar. You, too, will soon be saying, I should have done this years ago! Above all else, decide to do it for your health, acknowledge that you have to learn and embrace "a new normal," expect the challenge of your life, follow "the rules" (and know this is what too many folks screw up) and everything else will fall into place.
  4. hogleg64
    hogleg64
    thanks guy's,congrats on the blood levels, that's gotta make you feel great. Dale you bring up a good point,I've done alot of soul searching and I honestly feel like I'm making this decision for health reasons and not vanity,I don't know that I coulda said that 15-20 years ago but today I'm seriously concerned about my health and just being able to some of the things I used to do.Mamma you mention your energy level returning,that is the thing I miss the most.