Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

ENORMOUS bill - glad it's not mine!

1. lindmar
    lindmar
    My friend had gastric bypass in WA state the day before I had my gastric sleeve. She just got her bill from the hospital (this is just the hospital portion...not the doctors, etc.) IT IS FOR OVER $110,000.00!!!! Now in the interest of full disclosure, she had some complications because her health isn't the greatest & stayed in the hospital for 5 days. But $110,000...my word! She told me that insurance and "charity" is covering it for her.

I feel almost guilty that my surgery cost $4,000 plus 2 plane tickets. Sheesh!
  2. zmdh39
    Amen!
  3. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Holy moly that's a lot!
  4. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    They charge that because the tab is being picked up by insurance and 'others', one of theMAJOR reason our health insurance is so high and such a mess!

Eleanor Rose
  5. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Thats before the percentage break.. Thats out of pocket.. Five days and a bypass for 110k doesnt sound insane to me when i compare my two hour ER visit for a gall bladder attack.. One shot of morphine and back home in two hrs.. $15K... this just proves how ridiculous the system is. her five day stay in mexico would probably been less than 15k... you would allow our health care system guilt you.. Is your friend paying out of pocket costs?? Surley not.. Dont feel guilty.. Feel smart!! or at least feel angry at how thats same system made you go accross borders...
  6. lindmar
    lindmar
    Amen Gemini!!!