Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Look older?

1. janas94
    janas94
    Hi Everyone, I have a question that has really been bothering me and maybe some of you who have been sleeved can answer. After you lose your weight do you look older? I am 48 and don't want to look like my 78 yr old Mom yet....lol i lost a lot of weight when i was in my 30's but i was a lot more active and didn't have arthritis.
  2. Fxsaint
    Fxsaint
    I know I do...the excess skin around my neck looks very wrinkled under my chin, I'm working on increasing the size of my neck to pull back some of he skin. Lost 130lbs in 8 months, now its time to work out to get my muscle strength and size back up. Good luck.
  3. HealthyMama
    HealthyMama
    Yep, I look older, but the trade off for just the energy is worth it.
  4. Fawn1120
    Fawn1120
    I'm 46 and after I lose my weight, I will be looking into derma fillers to plump up my face. The creases around the mouth and underneath the eyes will be the first area of attack! There's many YouTube videos of what derma fillers like Restyline or Juvederm that work wonders! It will be a "non-food" award for reaching goal weight!
  5. bobandsabrina@gmail.com
    bobandsabrina@gmail.com
    I'm 45 and 5 1/2 months out. I look younger! Lost 70 lbs so far
  6. 2sticks
    2sticks
    HI, I am 9 months post surg and 57 yrs old. Yes, I look older. I have a goobler and my boobs sag. BUT....I love being able to buy clothes that are not at Lane Byant!! If my husband minded he would say something. I have more energy and never seem to get sick. (must be all the vitamins). I am still in search of a protein that does not make me flush and nauseous for the first 15 minutes after I drink it. I think I have found one. Chicken is still hard to eat. What is strange, all the things I didn't eat before the sleeve go down much easier. Bad things like chips (never use to eat them). I crave sweets. Weird. It takes me about 45 minutes to eat dinner. Very slowly. I learn new things everyday on this adventure. I have lost 68 pounds and have 40 pounds to go. I have not exercised yet but thing I am stuck at this weight now and need to start moving. Wish I would have done this years ago.
  7. Mimibren
    Mimibren
    Not sure I would agree with all of you- most people I have seen on here, I would say you look younger over 1/2 the time. Just think it depends on the person. For the gobbler, there is a exercise I do every day when washing face, doing makeup etc. lift head up & back- then open & close month pushing lip way up like a pout. I do 50 that way then turn face to left & then right & do the same. It gets all those muscles. I did this when I lost before, I can say it works to tighten those muscles up! Most important it takes no time & energy!
  8. Sharonlags
    Sharonlags
    So far, I have been told I look younger, I'm only 44! I got carded Saturday night!!! I think the guy was just being generous, but I'll take it!! I heard people that had the bypass because of malabsorption, look bad like they are sick!!!
  9. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    I would have to agree with most folks here- it totally depends on the person. Depends a lot on the state of your elasticity in your skin too. I have noticed that everyone I know who had "The Switch" were the most likely to look older due to the malabsorption thing. If you do end up having an issue- I also would recommend going to a dermatologist/facial surgeon and they can do the derma fillers. They work great. Good luck
  10. Colette
    Colette
    I am 44. I have always looked young for my age. Losing weight has really enhanced that in me. The only thing I have noticed is the "laugh" lines around my eyes. I do not care though, I am off so many medications and have so much more energy. It is all worth it to me. I had surgery in 9/2012. My starting weight was 368, and it is now 235. If I stayed this weight forever I would be happy. I am lighter then I was in the 9th grade. It is not a number for me, it is all about being healthy.