Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Milestones

1. Gabby
    Gabby
    Hi All,
    I know in this journey we all have a lot of milestones. Some are coming so fast I can hardly get my mind around them. I weighed in at 310 lbs, I now weigh 251. It's mind boggling! I haven't been able to drop below 270 on my own and stepping on that scale and seeing these numbers fills me with joy but also utter amazement. I can't hardly believe it. Today I put a button up shirt on and was able to button every button and sit in it comfortably. How awesome is that!! Do any of the rest of you feel this emotional over these types of milestones? I hope so, because the feelings are like highs! They carry me through the day in such a great mood and they keep me wanting to do the right things to continue to acheive this progress. Hope you all are having a blessed day. Gabby
  2. connie
    connie
    OH Gabby- THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!! I know how exciting that is. I too was able to put on a shirt that snapped in front---and there was no pulling and it FIT!!!
    I used to have to wear it as a kinda cover up over another shirt because it just would not even come close to buttoning. Was like 4" from together in front!! I almost started crying when I put it on as I love it so much. THEN I was able to grab a whole handful in the front like if someone was going to grab the front of your shirt!!! I believe that I am dropping back fat and side fat. Used to be like my boobs were on the side of me also and when I put my arms down they didn't really go down because of my side boobs. I have gone from 215.9 to 192.2!!! Honestly, I know about the not wanting to do anything dumb like eat something stupid. I am so proud of you---my gosh, I get so overwhelmed when you allow me to share in your joyful moments. Hugs and blessings- Connie
  3. teacherdan
    teacherdan
    Congratulations, Gabby! I was 58 when I had my gastric sleeve in March 2011. I started out at 341.2 lbs and am down 105 lbs as of today. My milestone moment occured a few weeks ago when I realized that I was able to get down on my knees to look under the bed for things. I hadn't done that in years. In fact, if I fell down, I would have to have major help to get up. I just thanked God for my GS and the weight loss. IMoments like those that carry me forward.

One thing that has happened more and more is that when I get the "munchies" and start looking around for something to eat, I ask myself, "WHY am I wanting to eat this?" The answer is usually not "because I need the food," it's more like "because I'm bored," or "because I don't have anything else to do." When that happens, I leave the kitchen immediately and either go out on the back patio and work in the flowers, or to the computer and work on various projects, or walk down to the mailbox and back--anything but eat.
  4. Msvetrn
    Hi Ladies! I just now saw this discussion and I agree with all of you! Even a loss of 28 pounds has changed some aspects of my life. For instance, I have a patient who lives on the second floor of an apt complex. I use to be winded when I got to his door and would tell him (jolingly) he needed to get a first floor apt. Now, I kinda jog up those stairs nad greet him happily when he opens the door! And, yes, it is easier to get up from a stooped position now than it was two months ago!

I have to remember to keep checking this GROUP because it doesn't alert us when there is a new discussion...
  5. dutchgal
    dutchgal
    teacherdan.....105 lbs in 6 months? Amazing! AND you are my age. This gives me hope. I want to drop 90 lbs.
  6. teacherdan
    teacherdan
    Today, 7 months after surgery, I've lost 110 lbs. It sure feels great! If I can do it, anyone can. I estimate I have been obese for at least 30 years. Big changes in such a short time, I know. But they are changes I can deal with!
  7. scgal21
    scgal21
    Congratulations teacherdan! That is an awesome weight loss.

I've been heavy for most of my 54 years and the moment that changed for me was not a weight loss moment...quite the contrary. My sister was ill and I was on my way to visit her. I couldn't believe the seatbelt in the plane wouldn't close. It was a wake up call for me. The man sitting next to me rolled his eyes and I was embarrased beyond belief. I vowed I was not going to continue my life like this. My insurance company refuses to pay for any wls under ANY circumstances, so I saved and saved. I'm going to MX Dec 8 and know this will change my life forever. I'm sure I will have a milestone soon and I can hardly wait to share it with y'all!
  8. lavendargirl1
    lavendargirl1
    SCGIRL: Congrats on finding the way to get your surgery done. You will value your surgery and your journey so much more because you sacraficed for it. I too had to save and went to Mexicalli for my surgery on 10/12. I used to hurt everyday when I got home from work, my knees, my hands all throbing. It has been three weeks and NO PAIN. If that were all I were to get out of my surgery I would be happy. I am however 3 weeks out and down 24 pounds
  9. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    I have 17 more days to go and then a new phase of my life will start. who would have thought at 65 i would be going on Medicare and beginning a healthy lifestyle?

In about a year, i hope to be looking at how to save enough money for CS in Mexico! I will need everythinbg trimmed and tucked. I'm already saggy and i need to shed 100 lbs! It won't be pretty site, but i know i will feel so much better. I have lost 18 lbs on the pre-op and already feel lighter when i walk. No temptations so far foodwise. But i did indulge in a Chai tea latte at Starbucks today. Got the tall instead of the venti.........small compromise ;-)

I need to check out this group more often. I too wished there was some kind of notification when there was a new post. Of course, i can't get a darn thing done just following the posts on the regular site!!
  10. scgal21
    scgal21
    That is awesome lavendargirl1...The thought of not having pain in my knees, hips and back
    I'm so happy for you.
    Congratulations, keep up the good work!
  11. jj6154
    jj6154
    Thanks for all your posts. I am 57 and I have been overweight my whole life. When the nurse from my insurance was interviewing me she said what about the money. Boy if I could add up all of the money that I have spent I could retire...LOL all of you are an inspiration....thanks
  12. Santy
    Santy
    Just found this site! Really good to read about you all. I am 60 and have been overweight for the last twenty something years an so understand what is written here. Aches and pains starting to come by the bucket load now and I am type 2diabetic but no meds as yet and that is what I am trying to avoid if poss. Brill site and so good to chat to people around my age! I have not told anyone about the op. except for my husband and daughter. M y sons would try to talk me out of it and as for anyone else no matter how close I might tell later. How does everyone cope with this question? X
  13. jj6154
    jj6154
    Hey Santy I haven't told but a few myself because I don't want them to try and talk me out of it
  14. Msvetrn
    I didn't tell anyone either except two friends. But then, afterwards, now I'm so proud and feel so good, I've told everyone who has adked, "How have ypu lost the weight?"
  15. Cherylin LB
    Cherylin LB
    I haven't told anyone but my husband, either. I am 64 and can't wait to start my new healthy lifestyle. I am soo tired of shopping in the Fat dept and being the fat person in the room. Wishing that 1 of the hundreds of diets I have been on had worked. I can't wait to answer the question, "How did you loose all that weight?" Can you imagine the joy/pride we will feel? Just a few weeks until my surgery. I feel like a child waiting for christmas!
  16. Santy
    Santy
    yep I think you have it in a nut shell Cherylin, waiting for Christmas! i like it! I am having a few shall I shan't I moments but I know that the results will far out way the initial side effects so will go ahead with the op a week Sunday.
    jj6154 I think we deserve this now after so many years of trying and not keeping weight off so fingers crossed!x
  17. JazzyJackie
    JazzyJackie
    Maybe the most drastic thing I've noticed is I can cross my legs. I lost 25lbs in two weeks, but I want to weigh again when I see the doctor on 1/27. Nice to cross again.
  18. JazzyJackie
    JazzyJackie
    Maybe the most drastic thing is I can cross my legs. I lost 25lbs in two weeks. I will see my dr and weigh again on 1/27. I can't wait to see.
  19. dreamydeb
    dreamydeb
    just checkin in .im in wonderland presleeve!1999!wish you guys would post more as im 51 and feel i dont fit in sometimes in the other groups .look foward to some new posts .
  20. SaguaroSanctuary
    SaguaroSanctuary
    Hi everyone, just this week I pulled on my winter dressing gown for the first time this year - WOW it actually wrapped around me! I've also found some gorgeous clothes my sister was throwing out a few years ago, that I liked and kept for the day when it fits. Well, they now fit. You get such a high - I just love it. I was at an op-shop recently and bought a couple of cotton tops - 'for later' when I lose more weight. When I got home I tried them on to see how close or far away I was to them fitting me, and yes you guessed it, they fitted! How surprised was I. It's funny how you DON'T see yourself. I bought a dress for the first time in 18 yrs for my daughters wedding next week and it looks so lovely. I'm really looking forward to wearing feminine clothes again. Next week I should tip under the 200lb mark! I'll post some pics once things settle after the wedding, all the best to each of you, Sharon