Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

When do you start dating again? And how?

1. hnybun128
    hnybun128
    I'm about 6, almost 7 months out. I've lost over 70lbs, but I'm still only about halfway there. Unfortunately, I carry a lot of weight in my face, so I don't really photograph well. I'm 5-7", evenly proportioned, and curvy in all the right places, so I think I look pretty good. Unfortunately, that does not show well in photographs. Given that I work 50+ hours a week, I assume online dating would be the way to go. It seems like that's all about looks, though, and I don't think my assets are really coming across well in photos.

So what the heck do I do? I am sick and tired of being alone.
  2. TEA
    TEA
    You and I are in the same exact boat and the same time frame with the same amount of weight loss.

LoL! Let me know when you find the answer!! Ugh and online dating sucks so far!
  3. godchildptd
    godchildptd
    I am also looking to start dating new men and I am having a hard time its been a year and 4 mo. out four me I have old friends but I nknow I realmy don't want to be with either of them I will say the sex is better and they are even more intoo me but because I see the differences in the way they treated me before and after I am not feeling them and yes its two because I am single when I find the right one I will try to make it work
  4. Jose Figueroa
    Jose Figueroa
    I understand how you feel. Just take your time and dont rush things. Someone will come along :-)
  5. Elyne
    Elyne
    I am so scared its not even funny. I live in Miami ... I get so scared
  6. hnybun128
    hnybun128
    Sometimes I wonder if I even have time to date. And the majority of the time, it's not even a concern on my radar. Then I think something must be wrong with that, too. LOL I would love to be able to get out more to meet new people, but I don't know how you do that as an adult. The bar scene is not really where I think I'll be meeting the man for me.
  7. hnybun128
    hnybun128
    Now I wonder if I should put off the online dating thing until I lose another 40lbs. That would put me under 200lbs and, trust me, I look awesome at that weight. I may not be skinny, but I am tall and very evenly proportioned, so I get lots of attention. Since the online thing is at least initially all about looks, I think I would be more successful if I waited until I had more flattering pictures.
  8. godchildptd
    godchildptd
    May I ask why online dating girl if you can dress up and get out
  9. hnybun128
    hnybun128
    Why online dating? Well, as I mentioned in my original post, I work 50+ hours a week. I've got a 2 hour daily commute. At a minimum, I am out of the house 62.5 hours a week between my work and commute schedule. I do have to clean house, grocery shop, raise a young man, and occasionally get some sleep in. LOL, I don't have enough time to get out often enough to really meet many people.
  10. Teach311
    Teach311
    I haven't had my surgery yet, but I also think about how difficult it's going to be to get back into dating. I almost hope to meet someone who has gone though the same or similar surgery then I do, so that he can understand how I'm feeling.
  11. megs
    megs
    I would like to start dating again, it's only been a month but I think it is going to take me a long time to get my nerve up. I am not sure about online dating, it's what I have always done in the past and it has not worked out for me (lots of men with no job). I live in the suburbs which is awful for a single woman with no kids, so there are not a lot of single men around. Like most of us I have pretty low self esteem so I can't go hang out at a bar alone. I live about 15 miles from NYC but again I don't want to go by myself to meet guys and most of my friends are married. Teach311 I agree with you that it would be easier that way. Man this is frustrating