Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-surgery freak out

1. cweiman8915
    cweiman8915
    Hi everyone! Im in southern PA (Chambersburg) & my surgery date is 3/19/13. Im SUPER excited but getting really nervous. Not so much about the procedure itself but more because this is something that will be a lifelong commitment. Im divorced so apparently not great at those lol! It's all so overwhelming to think about counting protein grams & carbs, & paying attention to when I can drink compared to when I eat. I know its time for a change in my life but just a lot to absorb at once. Anyone else freak out like this before their surgery?
  2. lisa1029
    lisa1029
    I hear ya.. my surgery is 2/28th and my marriage is 50 shades of messed up!!
    It def will be a lifeting change for us, but for the better. Do you have kids? I have a 10 year old, and all I know is, I want to be able to take him places and do stuff with him ya know?? It's all a bit overwhelming really.. but hang in there!!!
  3. cweiman8915
    cweiman8915
    50 shades of messed up... funny as hell!! Not funny for you... just funny terminology. I have no children of my own but my bf of almost 3 yrs has a 7 yr old son so this isnt such a big deal for me as it understably is for you. My procedure is purely for selfish reasons - I wanna look & feel better. Im tired of being the girl with the "pretty face." Definitely overwhelming but Im so excited I could scream!!! Since your surgery is before mine I expect a full report on what to expect, how you feel, etc. Good luck to you!!
  4. lisa1029
    lisa1029
    Same here... the funny, smart girl with a pretty face... ready to be hot too LOL.
    Whether my husband was on board or not I had made up my mind I was going to do this. I'm day 4 today of my 2 week pre-op diet. I figured out, I only have 4 shifts left to work before my surgery and 2 classes! This is how I keep the countdown in my head and motivated for this liquid diet stuff.
    Thank you for the well wishes and you as well!!
    Lisa
  5. brekia2000
    brekia2000
    I am in Pa. I also divorced and going through this with the thought of the liquid diet after the surgery. I have my kids to help and they have kept me motivated. I should get my surgery date next month. I wish you both good luck.