Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

33 days, this is really happening

1. judy79
    judy79
    I'm getting nervous. Not only about the surgery, thats the least of it. I'm nervous about being hungry, about breaking up with my long relationship with food, not being comfortable drinking nothing but protein for weeks, then soft food, or grind food (like baby food). I'm worried that my relationship with food won't end, I don't want to be miserable when I go out and can only eat 2 bites, and what if I stretch my sleeve??? I'm scared of change, and success, but also scared of failure at the same time. Has anyone had all these emotions before??
  2. cassandra
    cassandra
    Im nervous too i have 41 days left me and my aunt was talking today bout my new tummy today at Golden Corrals and i drank 3 glasses of water.but i didnt have a lot of food so she ask me...how much food will u be able to eat after the surgery i told her 4 tablespoons so then she replied no more buffets 4 u..me lol :-) all i can do is smile and laugh..then she said DO WHATS BEST 4 U AND YOUR KIDDS never forget U IS MY NEICE AND I LOVE AND SUPPORT U 110%....i really wanted to cry but instead i said thx and I LOVE U 2...
  3. cassandra
    cassandra
    I misspoke my surgery is in 39 days.i hate to have to wait them 2 x days lol..
  4. lindmar
    lindmar
    Hi Judy & Cassandra, What I want to say to you both is...fret not I have had the biggest love affair with food my whole life and have tried every diet & exercise program out there. Food kept luring me back. I've only been sleeved a few weeks, but already I feel "fixed". It is amazing. I don't really feel hungry, just empty sometimes & like I need fuel. The feeling is so new to me...I've always just eaten because I like to eat. The cravings are gone. I'm sure there will be lots of struggles ahead, but it just feels different now. The cool thing is that even if you really really really want to have something you shouldn't, your sleeve saves you from yourself. Once you eat a few bites you just can't stuff any more in. And if you try you feel sick. This has happened to me twice. So I feel like the sleeve has saved me from myself!!! You will be successful! You will be the beautiful thin person you were meant to be!
  5. kittvalley
    kittvalley
    Judy,

I think we are surgery buddies. I am TOTALY with you. I have been going thru so many emotions, fears and what if's.....But all I know is I'm doing this, FINALLY, for me. I'm totally scared of the pre op diet, im already feeling like im gonna fail that, but want to do right. I feel like I want to stock up on all the food I'll never have again, pop, maple bars, fettacini and OMG...old country buffet. LOL. But I want to be happy and healthy more than anything.

We are on this journey together....and for the long hall!

Robyn
  6. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Lindmar, thank you so much!! It REALLY helps hearing that!! I'm only 36 days away now too. :]
  7. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    I am only afraid of surgery complications, those "what ifs". That's pretty much 90% of it. And than the other 10 is the pre-op diet. I tried low carb, did Atkins and South Beach diet before and FAILED MISERABLY! Only lasted a week the first time, and like three days the next time. So I hope I can do it. I want to give Dr. Q the best liver possible to operate around!
  8. judy79
    judy79
    Robyn, we can walk through this thing together. I'm not turning back, Dr Q already has my money, so I'll be damned lmao. We are doing this, I am bringing my anxiety meds. henry knows I have anxiety, and I don't think he wants to deal with me without them!!!
  9. judy79
    judy79
    27 days, boy the countdown is on!!!
  10. kittvalley
    kittvalley
    Hey Judy,

Im starting my pre op in 10 days and I think I have pretty much every thing I need, except, I will be doing some shopping before I go to stock up on broths, jello, popsicles etc. Getting VERY excited. Im going top be taking some "before pics" also YUKK!!! I want to takes video's of the experience as well, to share with others. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.