Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

visa gift card or cash

1. Nickijo
    Nickijo
    So if I plan on shopping in Mexico which is truly best Visa gift card or Cash. I have heard you are charged a fee for using gift card but I don’t want to carry a lot of cash either any advice?
  2. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    I had my visa debt card and cash. I made sure I had one's and fives for tipping.
  3. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    Same here, I brought cash for tips and used my debit card for most everything else.
  4. vegasgirl
    vegasgirl
    Most gift cards do not work out of the country. your best bet is cash or debit or credit card.
  5. Phranquie
    Phranquie
    If you call your bank and let them know you will be traveling to Mexico they can release your debit or credit cards to work there. I used cash. Remember in many small stores you can bargain with the owners. They see Americans and $. I did bargain with them on silver jewelry a bit.
  6. BethJane
    BethJane
    Well last December a lady could not use her debit card, it would not calculate the exchange or something and she was so up a creek, that she could not pay for her hotel, she had no cell phone, and the hotel let her go to her room and work on getting the money. I beleive she had to hike down the street to an exchange store and have them figure out what to do. Bring enough cash just in case.