Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello everyone i have a question and need some advice .

1. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    Hi

My name is Dina and im from New York ,
    i stumbled upon this forum while looking up GS procedures
    i have a question regarding BMI at the moment im at a 35 BMI i would ideally like to loose
    some weight before the surgery id like to have it this spring
    im 5 10 and weigh 240lbs
    so im trying to loose 30lbs before surgery and to work out and have myself in optimal shape
    so that will lower my BMI to Overweight and not Obese will that be an issue ?
    as for the sleeving are there different sizes in the Bougie and what is Dr Quinones position on this ?
    I have yo yo dieted my whole life , I dont remember ever not being on the diet of the moment or the pill of the year id like to have the surgery to use as a tool to help enforce a healthy life style
    Iam not diabetic or have high blood pressure but have lost family members due to complications.
    what do you suggest medical test wise here in america to have done before scheduling surgery
    any advice would be helpful
    thanks

Best

Dina
  2. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    i think i have a 36. he should use the best size for your body. normally a 32 to a 36.. losing weight before is always a good idea.. its called a pre op diet.. i didnt do one really.. some people dont... i also am a yoyo and thats one reason i chose to do this and try to get a permanent handle on it now.. i am almost three months post op and i feel great. dr Q did an awsome job.. no complications .. no regrets as of thus far.. i am 35 and i did not get any tests done prior. they will do a bit of blood work before surgery to make sure your healthy..
  3. DragonsLoard
    Hello Dina, I was sleeved by Dr Quinones 15 days ago and feel great!!! My PCP here in Miami recommended that I have the Gastric Sleeve but my insurance would not cover it. She had me on Phentermine for 8 months and I was able to lose 50lbs. She did ekg and blood work every 3 months but really didnt do anything special before my surgery. Apart from being morbidly obese I do not have any other health issues. As gemini said when you get to Dr Quinones they will do blood work before your surgery. I have lost 14 lbs in 14 days and have had no complications at all. I have a 34 bougie but as Dr Q explained it to me after the stapling and suture its more like a 33 bougie.. Dr Quinones and his entire team are excellent and I highly recommend them to anyone....
  4. vmb
    vmb
    Hi Delicious D, Dr. Q has a Facebook page where you can read more information and decide if this is what you want to do. I am having it done in about 5 days and after reading his information on his website and doing my own research, I am ready to have this done. I was a yo-yo too I recommend that you do his pre-op diet like he suggest and exercise the best you can and jump on the wagon. You will not get this procedure any cheaper. If you have a family history of weight related illnesses it is better to get things under control as early as possible. Read everyone's stories. Most folks are saying they wish they would have done this earlier
  5. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    If your BMI is above 29 you can get the surgery. Call me 877 868 8057.
  6. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    I have not made my decision on who will do my Surgery yet Phoenix im still researching id love to hear from people a year out .