Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Help!

1. andrews.r
    andrews.r
    Hello!
    So I am getting the sleeve on Tuesday and am kind of freaking out. I had the lap band done about 2.5 years ago and wasn't able to eat solids for most of that time. I mostly was able to hold down liquid calories. Since I had the band out it seems that my compulsion for food is sooooo bad. I am on the 2 week liquid pre op diet and am really struggling. I did it perfectly for about 8 days and yesterday I cheated for the first time and again today. I am just so hungry and miserable like this. Did anyone else experience something similar or understand what I am saying???
  2. glaciereux
    glaciereux
    Hi Andrews,
    Sorry for the late reply, I was busy binge-ing over the Chinese New Year holiday season. I know exactly how you feel and it makes it a lot worse when I have compulsive eating problem especially during mood swings i.e. basically all the time.

To be very very honest, I did a very dangerous/sly thing the night before the op.
    I went for a buffet dinner.
    I could have died on the operation table
    coz my doc said I had a gigantic fat liver pressing on top of my stomach.
    I am not encouraging you to cheat, but don't be too hard on yourself if you cheated.
    It makes your willpower and self confidence low.
    The seduction of good food is something all of us face daily.
    I propose you follow some rules like
    1. As an gourmet epicurean, if you really really really have to cheat, you only cheat with quality good food. Not french fries and those processed frozen foods.
    Not food from fast food joints.
    2. Eat with a supportive friend. I.e. order only 1 portion & only eat 1 mouthful. At least you have one tasty morsel.

You have performed a lot better than me, so you can do it! Go go go!
  3. WyomingDiva
    WyomingDiva
    Thank you for this post. I have been on liquid pre-op since last Friday, but late last night, I ate some bean & rice chips. The old head was yelling all kinds of crazy stuff, so I sedated it.

Now I'm scared and down on myself. Your sharing made me feel less so.
  4. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I read about one poster who said she NEVER cheated and she's kept her monsters at bay AND the weight off. I'm not sleeved yet. I think I'll follow her.