Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Did anyone go shopping after surgery in TJ?

1. tawny
    tawny
    Hi all! My surgery is next Monday -- I'm hoping to be walking, walking, walking from the second I wake up. (have to work that anesthesia out as quickly as possible) Did anyone go out and about after their surgery? Not necessarily that day, but in the days after? Any suggestions?
  2. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    Hi there! Which hotel will you be at?

I stayed at the Marriott and I did walk to Walmart (which was in a very large and nice mall area with all kinds of stores) on day 2 post op. It's mostly uphill the way there, but it's not that far and we just took it easy.
  3. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    I stayed at Hotel Tucuan and walked and shopped every day after surgery. I walked 6 blocks the day I got out. And every day I walked and added another block. Walking helps with the gas and bloating. You can haggle with most of the local shops in the Tucuan Hotel area. There is also a very nice department store with a pharmacy in case you have any medical needs. The hotel also has some supplies. They serve free broth and pop ice to the patients of the clinic.
  4. bergamini
    bergamini
    I did not shop but I was discharged from MI Doctor (Garcia) at about noon on Sunday, took a nap in the fantastic beds at the Marriott, dipped my feet in the hot tub and then watched some TV that night. I flew out early the next AM. I was supposed to be at the hotel for 48 hours but I felt strong enough to go home after 18. I wanted to be home!
  5. Toomuchme
    Toomuchme
    I didn't go any farther than the front of the hotel but it wasn't because I didn't feel like it. Since I went alone, I didn't want to find my way around a new city. I was a little stir crazy and wished I had someone along so I could go shopping and see the city.
  6. connielsmith
    connielsmith
    We took a cab from Marriott to The little mall where walmart was. It was 5.00 U.S. money each way. It was good to get out and walk and check out the mall. I also was at the MI hospital with Dr. Garcia. Everything went well for me and my friend. She is down 90 lbs. and I am down 53 lbs. Neither one of us have had any problems and would do it again. June 29th was our surgery date. I have gone from a size 20/22 to a 8/10. I work out at the gym 2 times a week with trainer and walk and run on my treadmill 2 to 3 times a week.
  7. Time2Change
    Time2Change
    I stayed at the recovery house... Went shopping the very next day an each day till Ieft!
  8. sassylassie
    sassylassie
    WOW...I wish I felt like everyone else did on day 2!!! I was too busy vomitting to go shopping! Lol