Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Questions about the Pre-op diet

1. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    Hi all, I was reading the pre-op diet instructions because I start in 9 days!! Cannot believe it. But, I came across a few questions that I hope someone is able to answer. On the sheet it states that during the pre-op diet typical protein intake is between 70-120 grams a day, through protein shakes. - that part I understand. After that thought it says that Unjury is the best tasting and decent priced. The example below though does not state Unjury it says to drink 3 Ensure Vitamin Supplements per day. So, can I not drink Unjury during pre-op just the Ensure or do I drink the 3 ensure plus the unjury.... I just want to be sure because Friday I am shopping to get my pre-op stuff I will need.

Also, it says that it's suggested to take a multi-vitamin during pre-op does anyone have any good advice on a good one to get?

One more questions popped up. It says Skim, 1%, or soy is okay to drink- Is whole milk or 2% not acceptable?
  2. lindmar
    lindmar
    My doc says it's okay to use ANY protein drink as long as it is high in protein and low in sugar. A lot of people use Unjury. I use Premier chocolate from Costco. I actually tried Ensure and Atkins and couldn't choke them down...but that's just me As far as multivitamins - make sure they are liquid or chewable. I take 2 Flintstones complete as per my doctors recommendation. Oh, and I think whole milk is out because it is high calorie, high fat.

Go for it!!!
  3. ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet
    I got the gummies @ Walmart! They are great! I'm a little confused about which protein powder to purchase for the pre & post op! How is the Isolate from Walmart?
  4. DragonsLoard
    @ItCldBeSweet If I were you I would find a protein shake you can drink now pre-op. Your taste may change post-op... Make sure which ever protein shake you buy that it is Whey Isolate Protein!!!! I made the mistake of thinking just because it said Whey in the name that it was Whey Isolate Protein.... Pre-op the only one's I could drink was Jay Robb Protein powder and Premier Protein - High Protein Ready to Drink Shakes which is the one I drink now post-op. You can buy them at Costco or Sams Club...
  5. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    my shakes are pea protien because its easier on the body to digest....that should be fine right?
  6. DragonsLoard
    Kallima I think thats a good question to call or email Henry. I know the two main reasons they want us to use whey protein isolate is
    1) The Whey isolates contain approximately 90 percent protein 2) Our body quickly absorbs whey protein...