Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

: ( Not feeling so hot.

1. jesslovesharry
    jesslovesharry
    2 days post op. Had a huge hernia repaired. Its killing me. Not feeling so hot at all. Cant seem to take down any liquids without a gas spasm. Hating life right now, but I am sure it will get better soon. Anyone had experiance with hernia?
  2. laserskingirl
    laserskingirl
    Hoping your feeling better soon!!
  3. slim_again
    slim_again
    That's terrible! I hope it gets better soon!
  4. saphy
    saphy
    Hi. I'm 5 days post op and also had a hernia repair. I wasn't expecting the spasms and am still having trouble with them although it is improving. I find the thicker substances like yoghurt cause less spasm and slightly warmer foods also better. I'm not sure if it's worse because of the hernia -haven't been able to find a lot on this
  5. jesslovesharry
    jesslovesharry
    @ Saphy: Same here. Im now on Day 3 and feel better. Day 2 was a nightmare. I never expected the spasms either. Today was my first morning taking protein, so much easier than water! I also find mixing the water with crytal light makes it more tolerable, not easier, but more tolerable. My doctor told me it was worst for me bc of the hernia repair. My hernia was huge apparently. The biggest he has seen. So Im assuming the size of repair makes a difference.