Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Can I recover in my RV?

1. rn2babes
    rn2babes
    I'm trying to plan when my surgery can be done so that I use as little vacation/sick time as possible. If I have surgery on a Monday, for instance, how many days out would it be before I could go to the coast and recuperate in my RV. Our RV is about 3 hours from home. I was thinking I could have surgery, then maybe after 1 week head out to the coast. Is that reasonable? I know I'll ask my doctor, I'm just wondering what your experience tells you.
  2. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    I believe it would be ok. Just no hiking...LOL
  3. hopesgramcracker
    hopesgramcracker
    I think it would depend on your body, its hard to tell because you never know what situation may occur, for me I expected to be full force quickly and I had terrible reflux to the point I could not even lay flat at night, I had to have about six pillows proped up behind me in bed and then I could only sleep for a couple hours at a time with pain meds and bendryl. After two weeks of that I felt ok so I did some Christmas shopping and ended up overdoing it and thought I was having a heart attack, so I had to go home and rest. All of that was unexpected so just listen to your body. Take pain meds with you and take it easy. If you aren't planning on doing any activities where you can't stop and rest and if its all r&r then go for it but like I said listen to your body and have gas-x strips, and pain meds on hand.
  4. TNMama
    TNMama
    I live 3 hours from my surgeon, surgery was on Thursday and travled home on Monday and was fine, sore but fine. The I recuperated on the front porch of our houseboat
  5. carolann35
    carolann35
    I had surgery in Florida on Friday, flew home to Tennessee on Monday, and returned to work on Wednesday. I would think it depends on the person, but I did fine. Only pain meds were used for the trip home, but really as a prophylaxis, and could have done fine without. Good luck.
  6. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    Provided no problems (n/v, extreme gas pain, if your drain tube has been removed) I think 1week is doable for a 3 hr. trip. Just plan on walking and sipping a lot ! Good luck on your surgery!