Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just booked my surgery!! 3/23/13... So excited!!

1. laserskingirl
    laserskingirl
    Today I booked my surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia for 3/23/13 and I am sooooo excited!! Anyone else have these dates??
    Also, any who are already sleeved, would love to hear what to not to forget to bring with me!!
  2. AngelEyesInNJ81
    AngelEyesInNJ81
    That is awesome, today I am 2 months out and could not be happier.
    I would say to bring:
    *Gas-x strips

*Neosporin and a few gauze Or even bandaids to cover your incisions after you are back at the hotel (I went through ready4achange and they provided tape and gauze I just didn't have the neosporin)

*Loose fitting pants, I wore these while in the hospital to hold my drain and I kept the hospital gown on the while there since the nurses cleaned the incisions after showering just easier then putting a shirt on ( this was just my personal preference)

*Soap for you to shower with ( I always prefer my soap over hospital/hotel soaps - just preference)

*Lip balm, your lips may be dry after surgery

*Slippers so you can slip right into them when you are up and walking after surgery

*I would bring small denominations of US dollars to tip the bell hop at the hotel ( you can't carry anything after surgery) also good if you are bringing someone with you smaller bills will work for when they want something to eat while at the hospital or even at the hotel.

Also, everyone is different but I didn't feel much pain other then some gas pain but they were giving me pain meds along with a few others and I would get sick each time (they even had to give me a shot to stop me from getting sick) so finally on the last night I figured it out and told them to stop giving me pain meds. When they stopped I started to feel a little better but was still getting a bit sick until the med was completely out of my system. I just wanted to let you know so that if you start to feel sick after you get the meds maybe you can rule out the pain medicine first (if you do not need it) and see if you start feeling better. This was no ones fault just my body didn't agree with the medication

I can't think of anything else right now that is a must have but if I do think of something I will post

Good luck and time is going to fly before you know it you will be there!!!
  3. laserskingirl
    laserskingirl
    Thank you thank you..... How are you doing now? My biggest fear is hairless actually but that's with any surgery with anesthesia
  4. laserskingirl
    laserskingirl
    Did MiHospital have wifi?
  5. Nickijo
    Nickijo
    laserskingirl I was told the wifi there was real fast from another who was there last month.
  6. nikki82
    nikki82
    Good luck Laserskingirl!
    I went in April and honestly all I brought were very comfy clothes like baggy sweats, and money. I didn't bring any gauze or medical supplies, because I was told they would give you all you need when you left and it was true. I guess I'm more trusting than others. I packed very light and glad that I did. Just the normal toiletries is all. It was a great experience I'll tell you that. Everything went pretty much text book. I couldn't have been happier.
    I went in around 330 lbs and right now I'm 210. That's 120 lb lost in almost 9 months. Not bad! lol And I'm still trucking along.
    Best of luck to you.