Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What about Facial Hair..

1. ChrissyD
    ChrissyD
    I hate having to pluck.. I was DX with PCOS about 13 years ago when the Hubs and I were trying to have a baby. Since then I have been blessed with 2 kids one with medical help and the other was a surprise after I had lost some weight. The periods I could really do with out.I just don't want to have to pluck my facial hair anymore. Is this just me????
  2. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    My periods came back at month 3 post op- but facial hair is still going strong at almost 6 months. It HAS improved by about 25% so I am hoping the trend continues as the weight comes off. Body hair is a LOT better though- 50% at least.
  3. BeautifulMe
    BeautifulMe
    Too bad laser treatment is not free! I'd be there.
    On another note, I have not had surgery yet but am very interested how my fellow PCOSers do in losing weight. I've read that some lose very slowly while others seem to faster. What are your experiences?
  4. ChrissyD
    ChrissyD
    Great question. BeautifulMe.
  5. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    As for me, I was diagnosed with one of the most severe cases of PCOS with metabolic disease that my OBGYN and Endocrine have ever seen. From the day of the surgery, to this day, my blood sugar has never gone above 100- I am off all medications for menstruation, high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol and have lost 75 lbs. My surgeon has said I am one of the fastest and most successful losers he has had- partially because I am only 30 and he sees a lot of older people and also because I exercise a LOT. I have had a complete 180 on my health and YOU CAN TOO if you really want it. This is the best decision I have ever made. I went from a size 24 to a 12 in 5 months.
  6. A_deshotel
    A_deshotel
    I read on a medical website that when you lose the weight needed, your pcos improves almost 100%, and the hair problem improves roughly 87%. I'm sure everyone is different however. But those numbers are very hopeful!
  7. Dudu
    Dudu
    I was diagnosed with PCOS like 15 years ago, never have had a regular period and my husband and I have been struggling to getting pregnant since day one (7 years of marriage).. so now I'm 40, and besides my PCOS my husband has low motility and few normal sperm count so there's problems in both of us. Nevertheless faith is strong so I decided to getting me sleeved and try to conceive once I reach or get near my ideal weight. So far 42 pounds off in 2 months and going strong. I started laser for my hisurtism, just went to the first appt so I hope it gets better.. I hope also to see some normal periods soon.. I will be soo happy if that happens. My GYN is happpy that I made the decision to get sleeved and he keeps monitoring me so once I'm ready we'll try the regular way or go intro IVF. Good luck to all of you!