Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Use of Compression Stockings to Avoid Blood Clots

1. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    I read though Dr. Q's surgery preparation and post-op paper work and I don't see anything in there regarding the importance of using compression stockings to avoid blood clots during and post-surgery. Having had other type of surgery in US before as well as that of my mother I know that inflatable compression stockings were used during surgery and in the recovery with both, and than we both wore medical fabric compression stockings for several days after surgery, as blood clots are the biggest risk after ANY surgery. So my question is does Dr. Quinones use those during surgery and recovery? And should we also bring our own fabric compression stockings for the plane ride home, or will they be provided for us?? Thank you.
  2. Jedi
    Jedi
    Hi Olga

Yes Dr Quinones does ise them
    Prior to surgery
    During Surgery and
    After Surgery

You may bring your own for the plane ride home no problem

Cheers
  3. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Oh good!! Will be be given ones to wear home with us? I am really concerned about blood clots on the trip home, plane ride and all?
  4. zmdh39
    Yeah, they use the compression stockings to avoid blood clots
  5. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    But I am still wondering if I am going to get the ones to wear home as well or if I have to bring my own. When I have had surgery before I had to wear them for about a week after.