Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Questions Regarding Plane Tickets

1. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    First off- Happy NEW YEAR!!!

I had some questions regarding plane tickets. I will be traveling from KCI to SAN on 2/13 and returning on 2/18. Does anyone know of some decently priced airlines. Since I won't be getting my taxes until close to my surgery date I know my ticket prices will go up. So either a decent priced airline or a way to lock in my price until Feb....either will work.

Also, will it be hard getting tickets together with a travel companion? This will be t our first time on a plane and I really really would like to be able to sit together....

Any information is greatly appreciated!!
  2. leahmj88
    leahmj88
    I've searched for plane tickets for around that time and the prices I found were in the $450-$550 range. Just google cheap air tickets.That's a pretty good price I think. You should have no problem sitting together if you book your flight at the same time, with one credit card. If you both do it separately then there is a chance you won't be able to sit together. Hope that helps
  3. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    My advice would be to search flights through travelocity, expedia, hotwire, etc for the best rates and once you find out which flights and prices are the best option for you, book directly with the airline because there are less penalties if you have to make changes.
  4. lindmar
    lindmar
    Try FareCompare - Cheapest Airline Tickets, Cheap Flights, Travel Deals, Cheap Tickets and Discount Airfares. They will compare fares for you. The cheapest I found for you was $212 round trip on US Airways and also Frontier. Sometimes you have to play with the dates a bit and click on nonstop or one stop. Other wise they might have you flying all over kingdom come. Oh and I put in Kansas City to San Diego if that's right. Another tip...I LOVE window seats, but have found that aisle seats or row 6 (on a 737) gives you a little more room and a tiny bit longer seat belt. Try to avoid the dreaded middle seat unless your companion is small and doesn't mind sitting there!!! My husband and I just flew to AK and we were both in aisle seats next to each other.
  5. lindmar
    lindmar
    Newme is right. Find the cheapest fare and then book through the airline's website.
  6. judy79
    judy79
    Frontier is how me and my guy will go. I got both our from Houston for a total of $520. I went through Priceline. Arrive Monday at 2pm Leave friday at 11am.
  7. L.Gould
    L.Gould
    I flew out on SouthWest airline from Chicago Midway to San Diego non stop, it was only 250. for the round trip, just like the others said, there are aot of good fares out there, just look on the sites already mentioned. I wish you success on your upcoming surgery!!
  8. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    Do you know what the earliest time we can schedule our flight home?
  9. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    I have been the only thing that I am really nervous of is not being able to get seats together. Hopefully we will be okay.
  10. cassandra
    cassandra
    i found cheap tickets on southwest main website from ORLANDO 2 SAN DEIGO is only $396 round trip..almost 7 hours flight...most of the other companys i didnt find the date or time i needed..so GOOD LUCK p.s cheaper after the hoildays.
  11. suelala
    suelala
    I agree with Cassandra about going directly to the Southwest website. I made the mistake recently of using Expedia to get the lowest price for some tickets. Without rehashing the whole thing, I can tell you this: my first stop from now on will ALWAYS be Southwest.com for tickets. You get to check in a bag for free if you need to. Their flights are known for staying on schedule, compared to other airlines. And they have "web only" specials at their website. The rate for me and my husband at Southwest.com was way cheaper than I found at Expedia. I do like Expedia for car rental and hotel, but I'll think twice before using them for airfare from now on.
  12. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    I, too, have an unfortunate experience with airline tickets. Basically, I had to cancell my surgury and reschedule and I knew that my air ticket was nonrefundable. What I didn't realise was that they penalized me $25.00 to cancel the flight, kept my original $***., and if I book with them in the next year, they will penalize me an additional $175. rescheduling fee. I have not bothered to call them yet, but I'm fairly certain I should expect to pay for a full fare ticket as well. Seems like they kinda getcha comin' and goin'. Not flyin' with Cheapo Air again unless the rescheduling fee will be my only additional cost. If this turns out to be the case, I will be sure and post this as well. (yea, I'll have a little whine w/ that cheese. thanks) ttyl, sheryl
  13. DragonsLoard
    I was able to find my tickets on Delta's website. I am flying out of Miami Jan 11th at 7am arrive in LA and then on to San Diego arriving at 1:52pm (8.5 hours total flight time). Then I leave Monday Jan 14th at 1:50pm to Atlanta then Atlanta to Miami (7 hours total flight time). My total cost was $352 roundtrip.
  14. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    Yeah, Expedia and those other search sites are just the first step to get an idea of what airlines go your required routes. Once you get that information then you go to the main airlines website to book. In my case United Airlines offered me the best deal when I compared them to Delta and AA. Plus their route was shortest of all.
  15. lindmar
    lindmar
    Henry told me it's best to get a flight out in the afternoon. You need to be checked one last time before leaving for the airport and also it gives extra time at the border if needed.
  16. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    Try- Kayak.com great site for cheaper tickets. That's how I found mine when I flew from Iowa to San Diego.
  17. zmdh39
    The best place to book through is bookingbuddy.com, they ALWAYS have the cheapest flights