Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What was your breaking/realization point?

1. A_deshotel
    A_deshotel
    I will just say that my main breaking point was being put on all the meds. High bp and high cholesterol. Other contributing factors to my breaking point were that my feet started to hurt when walking, I think I had plantar fasciitis sometimes. I miss wearing heels and cute clothes. I have not much of a social life because I am always uncomfortable in my 'cute' attire. I no longer loved my body and was ashamed to let others see it much less touch it. I hated seeing my body in a mirror and counting the rolls and new stretch marks. To see myself naked is traumatic. I pushed people away and probably killed many relationships that could have been perfect. needless to say, I hated myself and hated how far I had let myself go. I always had a weight problem but never an obese problem til now. It brings tears to my eyes to say those words... "Obese". It's an ugly word. In my mind, for me to continue being this way is inevitably my death. A slow death. It is not only to be unlikeable, but also to be unloveable. Because I don't love myself. Getting sleeved in 2013 is going to be my rebirth. It is going to bring me back to a healthy lifestyle of wanting to look good and feel good. My goal is to be off most, if not all of my meds and get my life and mind and body in top shape, for me first! I have an inkling I will learn to love myself again. Sorry if I am ranting... Just a thought I needed to post...
    So what was your breaking point?
  2. LFAJ
    LFAJ
    HELLO, just wanted to say ty. I love the honesty that this site affords us. I can recall the day that "I set my breaking point". 02/02/02. That was the day I got my Bachelors in counseling. Ha, havent used it much though. At that time I weighed in at 291 lbs., (my highest to date). I remember saying that I would kill myself if I ever reached 300. Some counselor here. Eleven years later, and I finally realize that I AM killing myself, the weight, the MULTIPLE serious medical issues I am struggling with in part because of my weight. I am just beginning this journey, 287 lbs. and some serious medical issues as I said. I pray that my doctors will all give the green light. Should have them all in place by the end of this month. Wishing you success on your journey.
    Oh by the way, I do NOT have mirrors in my home for that same reason.
  3. jolund01
    jolund01
    You said what I have been feeling. I don't like myself or my body image either. I hated looking in the mirror or even having other people see me. I am two months post op and I have lost 44 pounds. I am starting to feel better about myself, even on rare occasions sexy. Sometimes I am okay looking in a mirror. I had gained all my weight over the last three years since a lumbar fusion. It's been hard not recognizing myself, but I am starting to see me again.