Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Thank you Dr. Quinones!!!!!!!

1. DragonsLoard
    First of all this is Stacy’s (Dragonsloard) husband writing this. I just wanted to share my experience of what happened today. Stacy will be having her surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones on Jan 12, 2013. Since I can’t travel with her I’ve been driving Henry crazy with phone calls and reading everything I can about her surgery so I can support her as much as possible with her journey. Yesterday I called Henry to ask him about Stacy being NPO (nothing to eat or drink after midnight) on the day of her surgery which was going to be in the afternoon on Jan 11th. Stacy will be leaving Miami at 7 am (EST) on the 11th, a 2 hour layover in LA then arriving in San Diego at 1:55 pm (PST) and I was worried about her not drinking anything that day. Henry said he has talked with Dr. Quinones prior to me calling and they suggested that Stacy should have her surgery Saturday Jan 12th at 8 am and still be able to fly out of San Diego on Monday Jan 14th at 1:50 pm. Henry told me that they would pick Stacy up at the San Diego Airport and take her to the hotel. Henry told me not to worry, that he would make sure Stacy had something appropriate for dinner (on him) and that way Stacy would only be NPO after midnight, she would be rested and able to shower before having her surgery in the morning. After talking with Stacy she said it was fine with her. Well I guess that takes care of everything thing……… NOT!!! I’ve been thinking about if she will be ok to travel Monday afternoon and freaking out! So today I call Henry to express my concern and Henry tell me not to worry that everything will be fine but say to me, Hold on a minute Bill Dr. Quinones is here and I am sure you’ll feel better after talking to him. A minute later Dr. Quinones is on the phone discussing what has me worried!!!!!!! I am not going to get into all the detail of our 15 minute or so conversation but all I can say is THANK YOU Dr. Quinones for taking the time to address my concerns….. I don’t know about the rest of you but if Stacy or I want to talk to our PCP, we have to make an appointment to see them, sit in the waiting room for 10-20 minutes and make our $25 co-pay to talk with them for 10 minutes….
    Bill
  2. Irmice
    Irmice
    Thats awesome! Very comforting. Good luck Stacy.
  3. zmdh39
    You know they did the same thing when I was down their in October, I couldn't find a flight that got in in time for me to have the same day surgery, so I called to asked about a hotel that I could stay in in SD. Henry told me not to worry about a thing, and that if I was willing to pushed my surgery back by like a day, he had some other people that were flying in at a later time to have same day surgery, so they would pick us all up later than normal and take us to surgery, which saved me the cost of having to fly in the day before, pay for a hotel for the night, food, a taxi back to the airport in the morning, etc. I mean honestly I don't know a doctor here in the US that would go so out of their way to save me that kind of money! And I was so appreciative of them for accommodating me. Even since my surgery their have been a number of times that I would call Henry, or email Dr. Quinones to ask questions, and they have always followed up with me. There is a huge stigma on having this surgery in Mexico, that they will do the surgery and then never talk to you again, but that has never been the case with Dr. Q's group, I am so happy that I had my surgery with these guys, they are the best!
  4. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    Way to go Dr. Quinones!!!! This is the kind of Doctor he is Bill! I loved him and everyone who works with him!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
  5. A_deshotel
    A_deshotel
    Talk about great bedside manners!! I work in a hospital and rarely will you ever see that kind of etiquette from a dr!! Wow. This story just confirmed my surgeon! A great, caring staff take precedence over affordability!! Luckily they offer both lol. Thanks for sharing this story yay for dr Q and his staff!!
  6. sobiato
    sobiato
    Stacy will be fine, me along with Michelle will be there at the same time with your wife getting sleeved, we also will be flying out at the same time with your wife, we can't wait to meet her, she will have surgery buddies by her side!!!!!!