Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Did you follow the pre-op directions to a tee?

1. JennHug
    JennHug
    So, I am wondering about all the pre-op instructions. I'd like your general concerns, how you did, anything you want to share really.....
    How did you do on the 2 week liquid diet before surgery? Im scared to start. Did you take the Gas X and stool softener as instructed? Im sure they (at the hospital) know we are nervous; do they give something to calm the nerves?
    Anything else you want to share? My scheduled date is only 24 days away! omgosh, I get really nervous when I think about it! But sometimes I get a little excited, up till now I have been too scared for excitement, lol. ok, just some rants here today. Thanks for listening!! (reading, lol)

Jenny
  2. Christian_Loving_Life
    Christian_Loving_Life
    So my pre-op was only 3 days and yes I did stick to it! The folks that did not had a bit tougher time. I asked for a pill to calm my nerves before surgery and they said sure. I did have to remind them but it definitely made a difference once I got it. Having a sleeve has been my best decision ever concerning weight loss. Six weeks in and I have lost 30 pounds. Prayers going up for you! All the best.
  3. Selah117
    Selah117
    I did fine but everyone is given different instructions as far as pre op goes. Some have 5 days or 3 days or 1 week or 2 weeks liquid diet. Myself, I had 1 week liquid diet that was given. But they forgot to tell me it was CLEAR liquids and not just liquids but it wasn't that big of a deal and I did fine. I did do clear liquids the last 2-3 days. I would follow it strictly though to avoid complications. Everyone is different. In Mexico they did not give me something to calm my nerves. They just talked to me and tried to get me to relax. Take it easy. Try not to think about it. It is exciting but there's nothing you can do about it now. hahaha
  4. johnmisty
    johnmisty
    I followed mine exactly. And even did liquid diet even longer. Since I did it so well I only had 4 incisions instead of 5 !! Less pain, less infection risk ��
  5. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    I followed the pre and post-op instructions exactly. I did not want to risk any complications. I did get something to relax because I freaked out when they told me I would go last instead of 3rd. I have diabetes and was high risk for infection so they pushed stronger IV antibiotics through my IV. I went to sleep on whatever they gave me! LOL