Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How fast does the weight come off since I'm under 200

1. mydecision
    mydecision
    I know when you way more the weight comes off faster. What should I expect?
  2. JENGAR
    JENGAR
    I started at 190 I had my surgery 12/10 and I've lost 18 so far
  3. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    That is extremely encouraging! I was told by the coordinator for my surgeon that the average weight loss the first month after surgery would be no less than 20 lbs no matter what you weigh. Jengar, you have confirmed what I was told. I am currently 191 and my op date is 2/16/13. I can hardly wait for these next 6 weeks to pass.
  4. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    Wow, that is extremely encouraging Jengar!! The coordinator for my surgeon said weight loss within the first month after surgery will be no less than 20 lbs, and you have confirmed this to be true. I can hardly wait for the next 6 weeks to pass by. I am 191 lbs and my surgery date is 2/16/13.
  5. Louisiana Girl
    Louisiana Girl
    I was 195 when I had my surgery January 2012. I lost 70 lbs in a 7 month period and am down to 125. I am 5'3". In the first month, I lost 20 lbs, then in the next two months, I lost 25 lbs, totaling 45 lbs in three months. After that, I lost 19 in the next three months, and another 6 lbs by the seventh month. I am thrilled with the results and love my new body. Some days, I don't even think about eating. But I ALWAYS get in my protein and vitamins. That's sooo important. Then there are other days, that I feel like I graze all day. But in comparison, I'm not really eating as much as I think I am. You still have to make good choices, but it feels great to be able to still eat the foods I love, but in much smaller quantities. And yes, we still have to stop ourselves from eating too much of some foods. But I don't mind, cause I know that I worked so hard to get to this point and feel so much better. The sleeve has been a great tool to help me rethink my eating habits. We should definitely eat small quantities at one sitting, less fat, more protein, and our vitamins. Some foods that I was eating large quantities of before, I can no longer stomach more than a couple bites, which is good. As far as losing too much, it seems that our body knows when to stop losing for the most part; and as our body gets smaller, it needs less food to maintain. Good luck!
  6. Louisiana Girl
    Louisiana Girl
    And, whatever instructions the doctor gives you, follow them. It's for a reason. Good Luck!
  7. yadayadayada77
    yadayadayada77
    I started (pre-op) at 186, had my surgery on May 1 and to date have only lost 50 lbs. It was fast the first 3 months and no matter how hard I work out or how little/healthy I eat, I can't seem to drop any more. I am only 5'1, so I still need to lose at least another 10 lbs. It is discouraging when you see those who share your journey in your support group and forums that have had the same surgery and the same surgery date and have hit the 100 lb mark and not had any stalls, but I was warned that my loss would definitely slow down much quicker when i reached the "10 to go" mark. It really does just depend on the individual - but no matter what, you can be sure IT WILL COME OFF!
  8. qjwestover
    qjwestover
    I weigh 190 and my husband weighs 285 we both have our sleeve on Feburuary 26th. We are so excited but I'm a little scared. I worry about the skin that will be sagging.
  9. Anissa Christine
    Anissa Christine
    I am 5 months post-op andI just hit onederland on December 10th (I started at 265 and currently weigh 193). I have lost 5 pounds in the last 18 days. However, I need to lose another pound to reach my 10 pound weight loss "average" for this month. I am hoping to get to 180 by my birthday (February 18th)..but I know that 10 pounds a month will eventually be a thing of the past.
  10. SueRMA
    SueRMA
    JENGAR, how tall are you?
  11. cbchambers
    cbchambers
    I had surgery November 29 and to date I've lost 18 pounds. I startedat 183 on day of surgery. I've lost 2 dress sizes and can't b happier. I too am short (5') but I'm proudly shopping in petites rather than women's.
  12. zmdh39
    I started at 215, day of surgery I was like 205, I had surgery Oct. 5th and I am down to 174. What I have done was take a real count of the calories that I had been eating before surgery, which were about 3500 on average, then post opt I tracked what I was able to eat then, which was maybe 1200, some people say that you need to keep you calories around 800-1000, but I think for the smaller people that is not a good thing. Your body will readjust to get used to surviving on 1000 cals, so at that point you have either created the deficit by upping the exercise, or cutting the calories, and with calories that low you have very little wiggle room. So since having surgery I have not been a crazy calorie counter, and my weight has dropped well, once I get to the point where I'm not losing the weight I want, I will make the cut backs. Good luck
  13. LongBeach
    LongBeach
    Thank you for posting this question. I was curious myself. I just had my surgery Dec. 18. I went to my check up today and I lost 11 pounds. Eleven pounds in ten days is pretty good. I was 185 on surgery day and dropped to 174.

I have a feeling things will go a bit slower for me because I've always struggled, but I'm willing to wait. I'm five feet one, but even if I stopped losing weight at 150, I'd be happy. I like having some curves.
  14. JENGAR
    JENGAR
    SueRMA I am 5'7
  15. mooretravel2do
    mooretravel2do
    Ok, what am I doing wrong. Surgery for me was August 10th. I began at 209 and fluctuate between 180 and 185. I have been 179 twice. What's up?
  16. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    Mooretravel2to, are you getting any exercise? What do your daily meals consist of? If you are keeping carbs and fats at a minimum you and getting some form of activity in such as walking for 30 minutes a day, I would imagine you would be able to burst through that plateau.
  17. mrsomaha
    mrsomaha
    I've only told 2 people that I want to do this and they both freaked out on me saying I wasn't big enough to do this. My problem area is my stomach and butt. thank you so much for the information I feel better now and more excited. I weigh 195 and am 5'2" and 52 years old. My surgery date is March 18, 2013.
  18. Stephy
    Stephy
    I started out at 195, and I am 4'10", my surgery was july 11th, 2012, and on Jan 4th, I hit a total loss of 50lbs. I think my weight loss is slow...but as long as the scale keeps going lower, I'm happy I've lost a few more lbs, and have 23 more to lose...they say the last 20 are the hardest...
  19. Newme17
    Newme17
    @ mrsomaha how have you done since your surgery?