Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi!

1. KizerG
    KizerG
    Hey! I'm Beth and I just wanted to introduce myself. I joined the site a few weeks ago and just had my surgery on 12/19. So far So good!!!!

I live in Olive Branch, MS and has my surgery with Dr. Michael King in Oxford, MS. I went to him because I love him and his group. He did my Lapband surgery in 2006 and removed it this year to get ready for the sleeve.

Anyway...really excited to see where this journey takes me and all my MS friends!!!!!

Thanks,
    Beth
  2. mletort
    mletort
    Hey Beth! I'm Mandy Letort and I live in Biloxi. We are pretty much on opposite ends of that state! It's been almost a month since your surgery! How are you doing? If you don't mind me asking, did insurance pay for your operation? If so, how long did it take before you heard something from them regarding approval? It will have been about two weeks since they submitted to insurance on Friday. I guess I am just a little anxious! I am SO ready to stop reading about what everybody is experiencing and start saying, yea I know, etc, etc! Anyway, I hope you are well! Any advice you have would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Mandy
  3. Happimom
    Happimom
    Hi Beth!

I'm new here but am so excited to share this journey. I too have a laband that will need to be removed prior to or maybe with just one procedure. I have an upper GI next week to determine if my band has slipped.

How do you feel without the band? How long was the recovery? I've had so many questions about the revision and now that I've "met" someone who has, I can't remember them! Oh well. Good luck and I hope to hear about your success.

Forgot to add~I live in Vancleave, close to the Coast.