Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

This is why I SWITCHED

1. sobiato
    sobiato
    I booked with Dr. Almanza for Jan 11 2013 but have sinced switched, he is too impersonal and does anywhere from 10 to 11 surgeries a day which seems to be more money driven, he starts with the lowest bmi and works his way to the highest, you sit in a room waiting your turn, his facility is in a shopping center hower my deciding factor was his facility is not a medical facility equipped for medical emergencies.

Complications from my sisters surgery - Dr Almanza Reyes: Tijuana Mexico
  2. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    I started my recearch at the begining of november I emailed dr Almanzas coordinator cause they where my first option. After days of not hearing anything from them looked for another surgeon so I discovered dr quinones. I was so pleased cause henry awnsered all my questions I didn't wait more than a day for them to response etc. So payed my deposit, booked my date for 17 january everything is set! Guess what? Today for the first time got a call from a number I didn't know, awnsered the phone and it was dr Almanza coordinator phoning/ replying for the first time since november when I requested a quote! I told them isceduled for surgery with dr Q. I am so happy with my desicion and I feel like my mind is at ease, feel good that I chose him!
  3. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Oh my gosh, they just NOW called?!! Wow! I booked with Dr. Q for March. He came highly recommended to me, and I got a response back from his staff within 24 hours each time.
  4. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    You will Love Dr. Q and his staff!!
  5. zmdh39
    I too switched from Almanza, and all too glad that I did, Dr. Quinones was not only great, but they had a wonderful staff, the equipment is updated every 6 months to insure the best bariatric care...NOT in a shopping mall, and they have an ICU in the surgical facility, and a private ambulance to insure the safety of a patient should a worst case scenario happen. I some times get a lot of lake from members that don't know any better, that I went to Mexico for surgery, or that I only paid $4000 for my surgery, but I honestly feel I got better care and a much better surgery than a lot of these people who paid 3 times the price and had it done in the US!
  6. judy79
    judy79
    I too switched from Dr. A. I still get textg from them haha. I rather not be #10 on day of surgery when he is in a hurry and tired. I might be wrong, I hear great things about him. But its one of the deciding factors!!!
  7. FreeSpirit
    FreeSpirit
    I had been doing research for almost 3 months when I decided I too was going with Almanza but switched to Dr. Quinones almost instantly after interacting with Almanza’s patient coordinators . I was very dissatisfied and uncomfortable with the client interaction from Almanza's representatives’.
    I was contacted by 5 different reps none of whom seem to have the information that was provided to the previous rep.
    I received numerous emails requesting deposit but never received any replies to my email inquiries, of the 4 telephone calls only 1 would I even consider knowledgeable or professional. For me the entire interaction felt like I was interacting with an a very large outsourced call center.
    My interaction with Dr. Quinones complete opposite....Henry answered, returned ALL calls and emails the same day I send them, he would follow up to insure I received responses when he was using his call phone to send, I interacted with Dr. Quinones on request as well and every single question I asked was answered with speed, empathy, compassion, respect and complete professionalism.
    In the end there really was no decision as the interactions were in different leagues altogether and since interacting wit Henry and Dr. Quinones both myself and my husband will have the surgery in February.
    Very pleased and confident with our decision!!
  8. judy79
    judy79
    I think its great you and your husband can work at this together. Congrats!!!
  9. sobiato
    sobiato
    Heres a little research I did Dr. Q:
    *is a general surgeon by trade
    *works at the state hospital (you only can work at the state hospital if you have no fatalities
    *has 100% no leak rate
    *all inclusive package not including air fare
    *allows you to bring a guest at not extra charge
    *you recover in your private room (couch, private bath, couch, chair, round the clock medical attention for 2 days
    *Dr. Q unlike other doctors he only performs 4 surgeries a day (because his facility only has 4 private rooms
    *Dr, Q also is a medical teacher
    *Dr. Q allows you to fly in the day of your surgery instead of spending a night in San Diego (your choice)
    *Dr. Q gives you the video of your surgery at no cost just as long as you request it while you are there
    *Dr. Q performs the procedure in a medical facility
    *Dr. Q taught Dr. Almanza

Call 619 8696428 Henry or India 619 8696428
  10. DragonsLoard
    I'll add to your list sobiato..... Dr Q will be the one doing your discharge, Dr Q does his surgeries at Santa Fe Surgical Unit which is staffed by nurses and a Medical 24 hours 7 days a week, Santa Fe also has a ICU and owns its own ambulance...
  11. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    the more i read the more im leaning towards this doctor....what did the $4000 include?
  12. judy79
    judy79
    Includes everything except for airfare. They pay valet service, hotel, and everything in between
  13. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    @kallima Dr. Sergio Quinones - F.A.Q.
    What is included in the cost?
    All ground transportation
    Stay in Santa Fe in Private Room w/ Bathroom (2 nights)
    Administrative Fees
    Pre-op blood test
    Hotel Stay @ Hotel Del Rio(1 night)
    Anesthesiologist’s fee
    Guest Stay (1 Person)
    Bariatric Surgery Procedure
    Wifi @ SantaFe
    Doctor and surgical Fees