Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Am I the only one...

1. suelala
    suelala
    who bleeds all the time, instead of never having a period?

Hi, by the way. I'm Sue. New to the forum. Just scheduled my surgery today.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about five years ago. It was after undergoing months of treatment because I was bleeding all the time. I called it a "reverse period" because I would NOT bleed only about five days every month. After several doctors, a highly recommended OB/GYN did a simple ultrasound and showed me all the cysts on my ovaries. He said it was PCOS, and that my body was trying to ovulate but couldn't. Instead, I would just have this light to moderate bleeding all the time because my uterine wall wasn't uniform, and because cysts were trying to rupture but couldn't.

He gave me a few months of birth control to get things back in order. It worked, for about a year. Then I had to do the birth control again. It's been several years now, and it was last week I started bleeding again. That's when I finally had it. I know the recurrence is because of my weight. And my weight doesn't want to move. That's what pushed me to research Tijuana doctors and I'm glad I did. I would like to try to have kids and I'm 36 and not getting any younger.
  2. stephanie81
    stephanie81
    I have had both problems and I was diagnosed at 16 with PCOS. I don't have anything helpful to add other then I have been married for 14 years and we do not have any biological children even after infertility treatments BUT we adopted children and having children is the best thing in the world. SO if it doesn't happen eventually (which it may, when you least expect it). Look into other options for yourself. I sincerely hope you are knocked up in no time once you are ready! Its not a good idea to get pregnant at least for a year or so after surgery. Just when you are looking all Hot with your new body it will be time!
  3. BeautifulMe
    BeautifulMe
    Hi! I just joined this site today. I have only discussed this surgery with my doctor and am finding this site helpful in my decision making. I also suffer from PCOS but was successful with invitro. I am hoping that by having this surgery I can get the weight off caused by PCOS. Please keep us posted on your own success when you do have your surgery.