Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Cosmetic Surgery

1. Msvetrn
    Hello Baby Boomers!

Just wanted to start a discussion about Cosmetic Surgery. Anyone in the Group planning on having any "work done" after they've reached their goal weight? If so, what, when and where?

Don't feel vain about it! I will never forget my late mother's words just prior to her passing at age 74. She told me, "I've always regretted not having a facelift when I was in my fifties. So, when you are in your fifties, remember this...Just Do It!"

I will - but first will probably have the tummy tuck. Will do it in Mexico somewhere probably about 8 months out. Just not sure which Doctor yet.

What about you guys? I know we've all done some pretty crazy sh*t back in the 60's and 70's, so why not this?????
  2. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Well, I guess as a 45 yo I'm not crashing the party-no one has answered you yet! I'm totally pro-CS and the only thing I wonder about is...do I do my face or breasts first? Face would make me look better right away (one of the cruel ironies of life of being fat is that my face looks fabulous now but it's not going to look so great w/out all the fat filling it out) but it's a scary surgery w/ a long recovery period. Breasts bother me the most on a daily basis and it would be so nice to have them smaller and out of my way (reduction) and is a fairly easy recovery compared to the face. I know most surgeons won't want to do both at once, which I prefer but is also more expensive and risky due to more time under anesthesia, etc.
  3. dutchgal
    dutchgal
    I'm not planning any cosmetic stuff done because I won't have the money......but i'm ok........I just want to be healthy. I might have some dental work done and I've already seen a Orthodontist but that won't happen until next year, maybe. If a man comes along and saggy boobs or skin are an issue for him, he can pay for surgery. Otherwise, he can take a hike. I seem to be happiest without a guy around. I just need more income and I can always get another job
  4. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Surgery in Mexico is cheap, DG, if that's what's worrying you, but it sounds like you're just not into it. I can't imagine a man wanting to pay for plastic surgery, he'd just go straight to someone with an already perfect body in the first place if that was the most important thing, in which case I'd think you'd dodged a bullet.

Personally, I'm not doing the surgery for any man or anyone else, it's all for me, especially the breasts. I'm tired of carrying them around. So I think that's the order I'll get my surgery done...breasts, face, arms, then move on to lower body. Hey, some people remodel their houses, I'm going to do myself! Obesity and losing and gaining weight over a lifetime do a lot of damage to the skin and I want my outsides to match my insides!

Ms. V, can you post that surgery center in Mexico where you're thinking of having work done? I was looking for the link and couldn't find it.
  5. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    I've thought about Botox for removing the wrinkles on my forehead and filler like Juvaderm for the "puppet" lines around my mouth. I'd also like the "turkey" neck taken care of. I'm exercising so my arms are not so bad, the belly is another story. I'm 61 and years of being overweight have done a number, plus I was (notice I say, "was") diabetic and that makes you gain weight in your stomach, however; I don't have the apron flap and I've seen people who have their tummy done after wls and it doesn't look that great for all the pain. If you check the website "theworldaccordingtoeggface.com" you'll see the surgery she had and she looks fantastic. She also had it done in Mexico. This is a good topic and I'd like to metion another topic more mature ladies might be wondering about, sex...
  6. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Great idea-why don't you start a sex thread?
  7. Msvetrn
    Because I have nobody to have sex with and I would be too envious!! HAHA! But YOU can start one!!! At least I think you can. Let me know if there is an option for you to start one. If not, I will.
  8. Msvetrn
    I'm considering several options. Here is one: Tijuana Plastic Surgeons - Tijuana Plastic Surgery - Tijuana
    And, then Dr Lara back at the Jerusalem Clinic. He is very nice and practical.
  9. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Actually I meant that jerzeygirl should start the sex thread since she's the one who expressed the interest I'm happy to post there but not interested enough to start one. These days I'm all about the sleeving and CS, and I start enough threads in my own group forum.

I'm familiar with Dr. P and Dr. L but you had posted a different place, a clinic, something Beauty-something? Very colorful website. At any rate, I'm sure some of the other ladies who might be curious haven't heard of Dr. P and Dr. L. I'm thinking about Dr. Lara for an upper body lift and my stateside Dr. for breasts and face, but I've changed my mind about that a few times before...

http://successfullyslimmer.com/Dr_48KQ.html just so the ladies know who I'm talking about.
  10. Msvetrn
    Oh...maybe Beauty Care Recovery House. That is just where patients go after their surgery from Tijuana Plastic Surgery (Dr P). Their website is
    Beauty Care | Recovery House
  11. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Nah, not Beauty Care...I'm aware of BC. I'll have to think of the thread/PM? that we had this discussion in. The main thing I remember about the website you posted is that it was colorful. Somehow my bookmarks are not working. No biggie, just one of life's mysteries
  12. Msvetrn
  13. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Yeah, that's it! Cool. Any particular reason you were thinking of using Dr. Cepeda?

Here's the info I was able to come up w/...

Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon Cancun Mexico - Dr. Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda Mario
  14. Msvetrn
    Just because Cancun sounded cool! Ha!
  15. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    You are a funny girl! I actually prefer the TJ locations b/c they're easier to get to and from the airport, although Cancun sounds lovely!
  16. Gabby
    Gabby
    Interesting info. Ijust had surgery last week but have already thought about whether I'd get a tummy tuck or not. I have heard they are very painful but am keeping an open mind.
  17. connie
    connie
    Hello Girls---There are a few of us who are working on getting thin in a year so we can all go to Dr. Lara at the same time. Msvetrn---he is in the same clinic as Dr. Almanza---you should go with us. I am hoping that my breasts get little, I did have a reduction years ago--can't tell now!!! I would be ok if I didn't have them---they are ALWAYS in the way!!!But my husband likes them---sooooo---I guess I will see. I am all about the tummy tuck---can just hardly wait. My legs seem to be snapping back --- and I am not really worried about my arms. OH, I do like my frog chin is gone---I actually have a neck!!!!! Blessings to you- Connie
  18. Msvetrn
    Yes, I know, Connie. I had a consult with Dr Lara when I was there. He is a very nice person! I will most likely go back to him.
  19. BigChicken
    BigChicken
    I am planning on get me a spanx that two sizes too small and tucking in all the over hanging flab. You know me, better to tuck it than cut it and there will be no money after the sleeve.
  20. scgal21
    scgal21
    Deelite,

THANK you for posting the site for successfullyslimmer! I am going to have the gastric sleeve soon and have been very worried about all the excess skin on my stomach. I didn't think I could possibly afford a tummy tuck after my weight loss, but see it is a real possibility! I will have to work some extra shifts, but I imagine it would be well worth it. Their prices are really great...maybe I'll get a boob job too if I lose them in my fat loss journey. LOL

Has anyone here had cosmetic surgery in Mexico and would like to share their experience?
  21. teacherdan
    teacherdan
    I'm looking at the same problem. Thought I'd share a man's perspective. If I can afford it, I would love to have the "apron" taken off! I still have about 56 lbs to go to get to my goal weight, but I'm already bouncing, if you know what I mean. I can now appreciate the distress a lot of women feel with big breasts...mine are a bit floppy as well. I went from 343 to 232 in seven months and I have a lot of excess skin. I like cecilia1959's idea of spandex. I may have to go that route soon. I've had a heck of a time keeping up with clothes! I'll sure be glad to get to my goal weight and not have to change sizes every two or three weeks!
  22. gg9nerak
    gg9nerak
    I plan on having cs when I am ready...tummy tuck first...having it in TJ is intriguing
  23. justme1
    justme1
    I haven't decided yet. My goal is to be as healthy as possible and stay that way.
  24. dreamydeb
    dreamydeb
    im 51 and 214 with a goal weight if 140 or so . maybe less . i was told the fat will go away as its less than75 lbs and i wont need cosmetic surgery ,is this true . my surgery is in april if i go through with it
  25. Msvetrn
    I was 220 and my goal is also 140. I am now 174 and I definitely will need a tummy tuck!!!! I am thinking with even 36 more pounds to lose, there will be even more to tuck. I bought a pair of ZAGORRA HOT PANTS from the UK to wear when I work out...they are suppose to help melt the fat...I've read they work for some people and not for others, so I'll see how that goes. Iplan to start using them this evening.
    You say, "if I go through with it"....all I can say is it is the best decision I've ever made so far!
  26. LindaJ
    LindaJ
    One of the ladies in my support group just underwent CS for Breast, Butt and Belly. She also had lopsuction on her inner thighs. She said it was VERY painful recovery. she is happy she did it, but the recovery is definitely something to consider. all of her proceedures cost her just under $20K

My cousin who has lost over 200lbs and now weighs around 125 has had no surgery and says that Spanks work just fine for her. She looks great for a 52 year old. So I will not be planning on cosmetic surgery, I will pray the family genetics works for me too.
  27. mi49301
    mi49301
    Hi,
    I plan on seeing how things go. I have ordered the dvds for callanetics because i had great success with this in the past (toning exercise). I also read that the body sometimes will take up to two years for skin to rebound. If anything I will consider having breast reduction surgery. But I hope to let my body heal and hope to not have further surgery
  28. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    I had a tummy tuck and lipo done in 2010 in Bangkok. Wonderful medical facilities, amazing doctors and staff and would NOT hesitate in recommending them. I will be going back again after I finish my weight loss. Tummy tuck was totally pain free. I didn`t even need an aspro for pain. I was up walking the same day. I am the worlds biggest sook and do NOT cope with pain but like I said I did it easy. My tummy is still numb so I guess that explains why my gastric sleeve is pretty much pain free also. xxxcoral.