Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just switched to Dr Sergio Quinones

1. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    Hello everyone! I just switched to Dr Sergio Quinones from Dr. Almanza. What are the past experiences from everyone that has had surgery with him?? I will be having surgery on Feb 15.
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    That is great I think we all have had great experiences with him and the majority of our experiences is in our individual blog posts. trying to get people to put it on the site Dr. Sergio Quinones - Patient Testimonials
  3. zmdh39
    I actually made the switch from Almanza to Quinones as well. My experience was amazing. If you want to see my results only 2 months out, check out the video I made, it also shows my scars. If you have any questions feel free to ask me! 8 weeks or 2 months Post-op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Dr. Sergio Quinones...My Scars - YouTube
  4. Irmice
    Irmice
    Wow Zmdh39! Just watched your video. You look great!
    Thanks for sharing your scar pics.
  5. Irmice
    Irmice
    Wow Zmdh39! Just watched your video. 2 months post op
    And you look awesome. Congrats!
  6. DragonsLoard
    I also was going to use Almanza at first but switched to Dr Quinones and I feel extremely comfortable with my decision.... On this date next month I'll be on the sleeved side!!!!
    PS I agree Irmice zmdh39 videos are awesome
  7. FreeSpirit
    FreeSpirit
    I had been doing research for almost 3 months when I decided I too was going with Almanza but switched to Dr. Quinones almost instantly after interacting with Almanza’s patient coordinators . I was very dissatisfied and uncomfortable with the client interaction from Almanza's representatives’.
    I was contacted by 5 different reps none of whom seem to have the information that was provided to the previous rep.
    I received numerous emails requesting deposit but never received any replies to my email inquiries, of the 4 telephone calls only 1 would I even consider knowledgeable or professional. For me the entire interaction felt like I was interacting with an a very large outsourced call center.
    My interaction with Dr. Quinones complete opposite....Henry answered, returned ALL calls and emails the same day I send them, he would follow up to insure I received responses when he was using his call phone to send, I interacted with Dr. Quinones on request as well and every single question I asked was answered with speed, empathy, compassion, respect and complete professionalism.
    In the end there really was no decision as the interactions were in different leagues altogether and since interacting wit Henry and Dr. Quinones both myself and my husband will have the surgery in February.
    Very pleased and confident with our decision!!
  8. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    I had a great experience with Dr Q. I had a very easy recovery.. moved onto purees and mushy food by two wk. post op with no pain.. im losing at a decent rate and I feel so good I almost forget I had this surgery and im just five weeks out.. never gotten sick.. had no issues with incisions.. been pretty smooth sailing.. you will be happy with your choice IMO.. the private room is a major plus as wll as the excellent staff caring for you 24-7. i had some serious painful bowel movements for a while buy i think i got it under control.. you need to add fiber or its miserable.. my only complaint is the Dr does nothing to help prevent the formation of gall stones.. i wanted the preventative meds but he would not prescribe to me. i have no idea if Almanza does this or not. im going to try to get to a clinic this week and see if i can find a doc to prescribe if its not too late.. good luck to you..
  9. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I'm going in March and I'm too excited. Luckily for me I don't have a gallbladder anymore! I'm gonna have to check out zmd'd video.
  10. amberbates21
    amberbates21
    After the sleeve will I be at HIGH risk to get gall stones? or just as much as any one else?
  11. euvette
    euvette
    I too was going to use Almanza, but after much research decided too go with Quinones. I like the fact that Quinones only did a few surgeries per day. The fact that he spoke english. I had a excellant experience with Quinones. I'm on 10 days post op and feel great. Already back at work and i feel great!
  12. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    absolutely.. most wls patients develop gall stones.. most us surgeons prescribe preventitive meds for six months.. dr q said he think all wls surgery patients should go ahead and have it removed.. i want to keep it and i am just trying what i can. i have a large gall stone already 2 cm.. you will find i think 50% need gall bladder removed with in a year after surgery.. which means another dreaded surgery recovery and then more hair loss.. you can google it and see what i mean..
  13. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I to switched from Almanza to Quinones mid-stream. Phoenix told me about Dr. Quinones and what a wonderful experience she had with him so I asked for my deposit back and switched. I had an Amazing experience with Dr. Quinones and have no regrets or complaints what so ever!! You will be glad you switched!!
  14. sobiato
    sobiato
    Heres a little research I did Dr. Q:
    *is a general surgeon by trade
    *works at the state hospital (you only can work at the state hospital if you have no fatalities
    *has 100% no leak rate
    *all inclusive package not including air fare
    *allows you to bring a guest at not extra charge
    *you recover in your private room (couch, private bath, couch, chair, round the clock medical attention for 2 days
    *Dr. Q unlike other doctors he only performs 4 surgeries a day (because his facility only has 4 private rooms
    *Dr, Q also is a medical teacher
    *Dr. Q allows you to fly in the day of your surgery instead of spending a night in San Diego (your choice)
    *Dr. Q gives you the video of your surgery at no cost just as long as you request it while you are there
    *Dr. Q performs the procedure in a medical facility
    *Dr. Q taught Dr. Almanza

Call 619 8696428 Henry or India 619 8696428