Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Going to Mexico to get sleeved???

1. manda0785
    manda0785
    Hi. I just wondered how many from GA have been to Mexico to get sleeved? Also how was your journey there and back? I want to get sleeved but my insurance says they do not cover Bariatric surgery at all. SO even though my BMI is over 40 and I have high blood pressure and etc... they dont give a crap. So my last resort is going to Mexico. Thing is going to Mexico kind of scares the heck out of me. So if any of you guys can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
  2. rylynn
    rylynn
    can i ask you what insurance you have
  3. BabyDoll
    BabyDoll
    I have no insurance but even if I did I'd still go to Mexico. I paid less for mine than a friend paid for her co-pay after having it done in the US and we both agree that I got better care.

The journey was uneventful and actually kinda fun. So much so that I returned a year and a half later with my daughter so she could get sleeved. =)
  4. Christine Heusinger
    Christine Heusinger
    Before going off to Mexico I would suggest you make a formal APPEAL to your insurance company.
  5. manda0785
    manda0785
    I have United Health Care insurance. I think my fears of Mexico is I have watched too many movies with the Mexican cartel in them...lol I should probably stop watching TV!

BabyDoll-When you went to Mexico where did you fly into in the states before crossing the border?
  6. KJR
    KJR
    Hi- I am thinking about the Mexico thing also. My wife and I can both use the sleeve. Do you know if Air Fare is included in the prices quote?
  7. manda0785
    manda0785
    KJR as far from what I am finding out the airfare is not included. I have been price shopping for airline tickets and so far the cheapest I have found flying out of ATL to San Diego round trip is $315.
  8. KJR
    KJR
    $315 for air fare if round trip is not bad at all
  9. KimB103
    KimB103
    I am heading to Mexico on 8/21 for my sleeve. My insurance doesn't cover anything weight related. I even had to pay for my own lipids panel from my last physical because my doctor used a diagnosis code of obese. Would I prefer to be close to home, have my husband by my side, not be so far away from my kids for a week? Certainly!! But I do not have any doubts about my choice and I can't wait to cross the border.
  10. KJR
    KJR
    Went to Mexico with my wife on June 26th and got sleeved with Dr Quinones. Great experience. I am now 10 days out and down 30 pounds and my wife is down 16.