Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Homecare nurse

1. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    Okay guys I'm a RN casemanager for homecare. My job is easy but I'm in the car for most of my day. Any ideas of how long I might need off? It looks like its how you feel on most circumstances.
  2. tmclenn
    tmclenn
    I am also a CM, I took a month but could have gone back at 3 weeks.
  3. Kmack
    Kmack
    Sitting in the car was easy for me...sitting in the plane was easy for me. If you are not providing pt care I would think two weeks would be plenty
  4. vwpeery
    vwpeery
    I took a week off and I was fine with that. I took it easy for a couple more weeks, but I worked 40 hours per week.
  5. Born2Bfree
    Born2Bfree
    I took a couple of weeks off. If you don't reach to catch or steady a patient you'll probably be ok. I was just really tired in the beginning. Be sure and pack a small cooler to keep your food and drinks in. In the early days, I ate lots of yogart, cheese sticks, Atkin's protein shakes and I used those Campbell's soup to go creamy chicken that I could warm in a convience store. Best wishes.
  6. musicmom
    musicmom
    2 to 3 weeks is good. There isn't as much lifting in Home Care or Hospice ( I am a Hospice RN). IF you are doing a lot of lifting, I would definitely take 3! Good luck to you!!
  7. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    Thanks all...I'm up for any advice I can get.
  8. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I needed a short nap every day for the first month.
  9. Jenniferkatie
    Jenniferkatie
    I'm a hospice nurse as well and will be taking off 2 weeks...going to Mexico with Dr. Garcia and recouping down there a couple of days then flying back home to washington...I'm excited and nervous at the same time...finding things to eat when in the car is the hardest for me...what protein shakes have you found to be the best? What volume do you think you eat in a meal and do you really feel full after eating and never feel hungry? I'm' typically a 3 meals a day person but mostly two of my meals are bigger then the 3rd and possibly a snack prior to the sleeve...I can't wait to start this new adventure and life change....just really nervous!