Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

plateau??

1. squinnrn
    squinnrn
    Havent really lost anything in 2 weeks & am getting discouraged since my surgery was just on 11-13. I have weighed between 225-228 and keep losing and regaining those same 3 lbs. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any words of wisdom out there. Would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you
  2. JenniferP
    JenniferP
    I am in the same boat. My surgery was 11/14/12 and have been in stall for about 2 weeks. I too am getting discouraged.
  3. musicmom
    musicmom
    I have the same thing happen to me every few weeks.. but when I look back over the past 3 1/2 months, I see a 55 lb wt loss. So don't watch the scale too often because it will drive you bonkers! It is easy to get stuck on the numbers. Do measure yourself too, because I also found that when I am not losing the numbers, I am losing the inches!! Good luck to you!! Tami
  4. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    Are you keeping an accurate food diary? My myfitnesspal.com makes it very easy. Re-read your surgeons instructions to make sure you are following them accurately. Make sure you are drinking your fluids. If you are doing all of that your body will lose weight. If your center has a nutritionist Make an appointment and bring your food diary for her to evaluate if no nutritionist make an appointment with your surgeon. In the mean time keep on following the plan. Wash away those negative thoughts and let your mind be filled with making sure you are following all the rules. You WILL lose weight!
  5. squinnrn
    squinnrn
    I'm not drinking protein drinks. I can't tell you how much I hate them. /do you think that could stall my weight loss?
  6. Born2Bfree
    Born2Bfree
    I had about a 6 week stall!!! But during that time I was losing inches. I kept with the plan and eventually the weight lose kicked back in. 63 pounds since 7/30!!
  7. Dutchgirl
    Dutchgirl
    Squinnrn,

Not drinking your protein is dangerous. Your body needs it and besides you hair will all fall out if you're not getting enough protein. Protein is the key. You are starving your body and stalling your weight loss.
  8. Shellbell1975
    Shellbell1975
    My surgery was 5/8/12 & I have been on several stalls, but they are normal even though it stinks. Dutchgirl is right. You should drink your protein shakes. Try the Atkins shakes....they are the only ones I can stand & they have some great high protein bars as well. My hair is at it's worst right now due to not enough protein, boy did I learn my lesson the hard way! I am taking high dose Biotin now, but it could have been prevented if I would have done what I was supposed to to begin with....
    Good luck to everyone!
  9. vwpeery
    vwpeery
    I wish I had done better about my protein. My hair is incredibly sparse now. I have more energy when I drink protein and so therefore lose more weight. But I have lost almost 90 pounds now.
    Valerie
  10. Rn1334
    Rn1334
    I'm with squinnrn find a way to drink your protein or you WILL lose your hair! I had to put it in double strength crystal light but it works !
  11. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I had a very hard time with protein drinks. However, I was a ble to tolerate protein bars. My daughter gets sick with protein drinks and has Celiac's disease so many drinks were not available to her. She found that brown rice protein has worked very well. It is a very "clean" protein, is oderless and almost tasteless. She mixes it in many things such as yogurt, peanut butter, humous, etc. We found a natural pharmacy that agreed to work with her unil she found a protein powder she could stomach. They said they would send back anything to the manufacturer that made her sick. Fortunately, due to the brilliance of this natural pharmacist, the brown rice powder worked well. The other thing to consider is that all protein powder is not created equal. By working with the pharmacist, we were able to identify a good quality protien source. Keep at it, as potien is number one in this process. Have you tried greek yogurt??
  12. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    If you go to youtube, you'll find videos by Dr Alvarez. He does a nice job of adressing concerns patients email to him. I found these videos very inspiring, especially the one on stalls and plateaus. Check it out.