Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First group joined

1. Bilby
    Bilby
    Hi 50 plusers
    Although I have been a member for a month the is the first group I have joined.
    I am 53 and live in New Jersey, USA and currently weigh 229lbs (lost 7.5 lbs over past 2 weeks just by making sensible choices).
    I am not sleeved and aim for a date around April 2013.
    I am eligible for my insurance but am voluntarily taking a slow route via an endocrine & metabolic physician and his team of dietitians, nurses practitioners.
    I want to ensure I am in optimal condition before surgery. I am taking the opportunity to learn all I can and really appreciate the wonderful people here that share their stories, both good and bad
  2. Lcardullo
    Lcardullo
    Welcome! You are in the right place. Lucky for you that your insurance will cover the procedure. Sound like your slow steady approach is a wise one.
  3. Debiosbo
    Debiosbo
    welcome
  4. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    Welcome! This Site is a fantastic place to learn about the Good, Bad and Ugly of having a sleeve. It is mostly good and encouraging but sometimes it isn't pretty for a week or so here and there. Our members are very vocal either way which helps potential sleevers know what they are signing up for. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, you will get very sincere answers. Good to have you around.
  5. Debiosbo
    Debiosbo
    I'm 55 and live in Washington State will have my surgery in Feb.2013
  6. Kay4
    Kay4
    Welcome! This is a wonderful site with tons of info and advice.
  7. DiPri
    DiPri
    Hi I'm 57 and will be having my surgery in 3 days-look forward to comparing notes!
  8. MrsPiggy549
    MrsPiggy549
    I am 63 and my only regret is that this surgery was not available years ago. My glucose levels are now normal and medication for high blood pressure is a thing of the past; even my cholesterol has come into the "almost" normal range. The gastric sleeve has helped me to obtain my optimal health and I feel more fit & younger, every day!
  9. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    Welcome!! This is the best place for support and info. My surgery won't be until end of summer 2013 because of insurance requirement, but I'm using the time to also learn as much as I can.
  10. jackiew
    jackiew
    Welcome! I am 54 and having surgery on Dec. 26.
  11. Dixie
    Dixie
    Welcome and best wishes
  12. lindmar
    lindmar
    Welcome!! I'm having surgery on 1/16.
  13. vwpeery
    vwpeery
    MrsPiggy549, I totally agree with you, every word!
  14. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    welcome, Good luck to all those choosing to do this, you will not regret it!!!
  15. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    Hello to all the "youngsters"...I'm 64 and having the sleeve Jan 17th. I've been on the chubby side for only a few years. Children grown, husband gone and its party time!! Even though I work full time, I manage to pack on the pounds living the "good life". I am SO SICK of dieting. At our age..we should be able to enjoy life and not restrict ourselves ALL the time. I'm hoping the sleeve will take away my hunger somewhat. CHEERS to us!!!
  16. Bilby
    Bilby
    Thank you all for the warm welcome
    Is great to be called a youngster ha ha!!!!
    Although my journey will be slower than many I will log in regularly to stay in touch and learn all I can.
  17. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    welcome to all you getting the surgery, you will love having it done. May be days you ask yourself way you did it, but after you'll say why didn't I do it years ago